LG-H815
Android 6.0 (2016-01-01, kernel version 3.10.84)
Boldbeast 8.2 GP
Settings:
- manually record calls only (2 button presses)
- Record Mode: Mode1
- Record Format: MP4
- Audio Encoder: Encoder1

Sometimes the recorder only records my side of the call. I don't think this is every time, but I haven't been able to pin it down yet. Is this a known issue?

Most possibly, I guess outgoing calls were recorded well but incoming calls had this problem, is it right?

If you auto record calls, please use these settings:
- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 100
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 3
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

If you manually record calls, please use the same settings above, and
- for outgoing calls, please click the in-call button to start recording 3 seconds after dialing.
- for incoming calls, please click the in-call button to start recording after you answer the call.

Then it should work perfectly.

LG G4: LG G4 Call Recorder

boldbeast wrote:

Most possibly, I guess outgoing calls were recorded well but incoming calls had this problem, is it right?

Unfortunately, no. I just had an outgoing call where I started recording after about 3 minutes, however this has also happened for outgoing calls where I started recording after 10 and 30 seconds.

The only difference in my settings is

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 3
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 15

Given that I am recording manualy, would these make a difference?

I am using (wired) headphones on these calls, would that cause the issue? I had a 2 hour call last night, outgoing, where I used the same headphones, which recorded with no issues. I probably started recording after 30 seconds or so.

Andrew

Some Android phones may records calls well with the earpiece or the speaker, but don't record calls well with the wired headset or the bluetooth headset, or vice versa.

According to your more detailed description, now I guess:

- if you start recording before the call is answered, it doesn't work well no matter incoming calls or outgoing calls.
- if you start recording after the call is answered, it work well no matter incoming calls or outgoing calls.

Here is the reason and the solution: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html

Ah, no, sorry. By "after 10 seconds" I mean 10 seconds after the other side answers the call (which for most of my business calls is only 11 or 12 seconds after I hit "dial"). I looked at the link you provided, and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I always start recording after the call is answered by the other side (for outgoing calls), or by me (for incoming).

I don't know if headphones are the issue either - I always use them, and even then some calls record and some don't

Please:

- click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me.
- tell me which call was recorded well, which call recorded only your voice.   (the date and the time of the calls)

Then I'll check them and see what's the difference, and try to find out the reason. Thanks.