Q: My Galaxy Note3 is running Android 4.4, does call recording work well?
A: In some countries it works well, in other countries it doesn't because the call recording feature is disabled by Samsung.

Q: If the call recording feature is disabled by Samsung, I don't want to root my phone, is it still possible to record calls well?
A: No, it isn't. We checked built-in files of Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4, Samsung deleted several important parameters related to call recording, as a result no recorder can record calls well without root. So you must root your phone to let Boldbeast Recorder fixing it.

Q: My Galaxy Note3 is running Android 4.3, does call recording work well?
A: Yes, it does. Just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, it records calls very well, no need to root your phone.

Q: Does bluetooth recording work well?
A: Yes, it does (need root).  Boldbeast Recorder can fix the bluetooth recording problem of Galaxy Note3.

Galaxy Note3 Android 4.3 please use these settings to record calls, no root needed:
- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: No
- Tune Samsung1: No
- Tune Samsung2: No
- Tune Samsung3: No

Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 and 5.0 please use these settings to record calls without root, some variants work well, some variants don't work well.
- Record Mode: test 4, 1 and 5 one by one
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No

Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 and 5.0 if above settings don't work you should root the phone, use these settings to record calls, all variants work well:
- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Route: No
- Tune Samsung 1: No
- Tune Samsung 2: No
- Tune Samsung 3: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: test Yes and No

Hi,
do you know with which settings I could get my Galaxy Note 3 sm-n9005 4.2.2 record calls correctly with Nokia BH-505 bluetooth headset?
I have rooted my phone and tested various sets of settings but with no success. There is always only my own voice recorded or neither of voices recorded and complete silence or terrible noise. It will take a lifetime to test all possible configurations. There is 35 recording modes with at least 5 other setting with all they possible combinations so there is about 35 * 5! = 4200 different configurations :(

The settings suggested above work very well for bluetooth devices, including your Nokia BH-505 bluetooth headset.
Please install Boldbeast Recorder V7.2 or newer versions.

My Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 running Android version 4.4.2 i installed couple of call recorders including Boldbeast recorder but non of them are working only one side is getting record which is my side. please suggest me how to root the phone?

Ademsandeep007 wrote:

My Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 running Android version 4.4.2 i installed couple of call recorders including Boldbeast recorder but non of them are working only one side is getting record which is my side. please suggest me how to root the phone?

There are more than 6000 Android phones, the approach to root a phone is different from each other. Please google "Root SM-N9005" to know it.

Updated 2015-01-27
================

Following Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 don't need root:

- SM-N900  (India, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
- SM-N9005 (Australia, Russia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Slovakia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Hong kong)
- SM-N9005 (Vodafone Romania, please use MP4 format, thanks to elrohe for sharing with us)
- SM-N900A (ATT)
- SM-N900P (Sprint)
- SM-N900V (Verizon)

Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 that is not listed above need root.

Please tell me if the list is not right.

I have a rooted SM-N900T (T-Mobile Note 3) running Android 4.4.2 and the settings in the first post did not work for me (I would get the red paw notification icon that told me to change the Record Mode). I had to use Record Mode 7. After doing that, I was able to successfully create recordings.

Thanks for making the software. It's very useful and I like it a lot. The only other issue I'm having is that even though the setting to record the calls is set to a single press, I find that I have to press the button 5 - 10 times before it registers and starts recording.

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing with us "SM-N900T (T-Mobile Note3) should use Record Mode 7".

About the "I have to press the button 5 - 10 times to start recording" problem, the most possible reason is, there is an app in your phone that has very high priority, and it occupies the CPU for a long time, as a result other apps including Boldbeast Recorder have less opportunity to be executed, so you feel it is not responsive.

Please find out that app and force it to stop, then this app and other apps will work very smoothly.

Updated 2015-02-21
----------------------------
Thanks to Anil Rekhani, he found the reason. This problem is related to Xposed, please google "Fix Xposed Framework Lag" to learn more about it.

Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S5: Galaxy S5 Call Recorder
Galaxy S5 mini: Galaxy S5 mini Call Recorder
Galaxy S4: Galaxy S4 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 mini: Galaxy S4 mini Call Recorder
Galaxy S3: Galaxy S3 Call Recorder
Galaxy S3 mini: Galaxy S3 mini Call Recorder
Galaxy S2: Galaxy S2 Call Recorder

Galaxy Note7: Galaxy Note7 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note5: Galaxy Note5 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note4: Galaxy Note4 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note3: Galaxy Note3 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note3 Neo: Galaxy Note3 Neo Call Recorder
Galaxy Note Edge: Galaxy Note Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy A7: Galaxy A7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5, J3, J2: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder
Galaxy J1 Ace: Galaxy J1 Ace Call Recorder

hello I would like to add an info to the list below.
I use boldbeast recorder on an Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) unrooted with Android 4.4.2 in Romania loked on Vodafone Romania.
The recorder it's working perfectly. The only thing I have changed was the recording format. I've set it to mp4.
Otherwise the recordings are crisp and clear on both sides.
So no root need it for Romania.
Thank you for your great software.

boldbeast wrote:

Updated 2015-01-27
================

Following Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 don't need root:

- SM-N900  (India, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
- SM-N9005 (Australia, Russia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Slovakia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Hong kong)
- SM-N900A (ATT)
- SM-N900P (Sprint)
- SM-N900V (Verizon)

Galaxy Note3 Android 4.4 that is not listed above need root.

Please tell me if the list is not right.

elrohe wrote:

hello I would like to add an info to the list below.
I use boldbeast recorder on an Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) unrooted with Android 4.4.2 in Romania loked on Vodafone Romania.
The recorder it's working perfectly. The only thing I have changed was the recording format. I've set it to mp4.
Otherwise the recordings are crisp and clear on both sides.
So no root need it for Romania.
Thank you for your great software.

Thanks for sharing with us this information. It's surely useful for Vodafone Romania users.

hi.

Is someone maybe know if Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) unrooted with Android lollipop (ver.5) -(United Arab Emirates) need to be root or what are the setting that need to be done in order that the call recording will work ?
tnx in advance

Hello BB Team !

First of all - I just want to thanks You for your great job and effort, I;m a big fan of You for many years :-)

Yesterday I had to reinstall OS on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (hlte) with Temasek CM13 modified ROM (currently running Android OS 6.01, Temeasek build V8.0). As usuallu - I forgot to save my BBRec settings for phone, so had to once again search for correct settings - and found working one (my phone is of course rooted, but there is no need to do that to get BBrec working correctly). Below my settings:

- Record Mode: 5
- Tune Audio Route: Yes, Group3
- Tune Samsung3: Yes, Group1

Also changed in rooted options:

Also set Record Format from wav to mp4 to avoid crappy quality of recorded calls.

klmn wrote:

- Record Mode: 5
- Tune Audio Route: Yes, Group3
- Tune Samsung3: Yes, Group1

Also changed in rooted options:

Also set Record Format from wav to mp4 to avoid crappy quality of recorded calls.

Thank you for sharing this information.
And glad to know these settings work great for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 with Temasek CM13 modified ROM Android 6.0.1.