HTC One M8 Android 4.4, Boldbeast Recorder records calls loudly and clearly in two directions, no root needed, just install and go.

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4, 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: No

HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop, you must have noticed you can only record your voice, the caller's voice is very weak, all other recorders don't work well without root.

Indeed No Root Needed, we can provide the perfect solution. Users in xda-developers have confirmed it works well. Boldbeast Recorder V7.2 doesn't support it, we'll support it in V7.3. At this moment you can download the V7.2 updated version from  xda-developers web site.

We have just released Boldbeast Recorder V7.3, No Root Needed, it records calls perfectly in two directions on your HTC One M8 Android 5.0. This is the only solution in the world that works well without root.

Updated 2015-01-29
================
Some users reported V7.3 worked well, but some users said it didn't work. We checked their ROMs and found HTC used different recording parameters inside M8 Android 5.0 in different countries. We'll fix it soon.

Updated 2015-02-02
================
Boldbeast Recorder V7.4 has just been released, we added a new option "Tune HTC Parameters" for HTC One M8.
Please install the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder and use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4, 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune HTC Parameters: Group1 or Group2

No root needed, now it works well for HTC One M8 Android 4.0 and 5.0 in all countries.

Android 6.0 please use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune HTC Parameters: Group1 or Group2

Please add "Traditional Chinese" Language ...

redtower30 wrote:

Please add "Traditional Chinese" Language ...

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add more languages in future versions.

6 (edited by popenchik 2015-01-28 11:22:00)

Hello,
Could you please add a feature which  allows to delete records not one by one and that it was possible to select several at once.
Also please add russian language.
While listening - file is not allocated. It is not very convenient because the file is visually lost. No search by date.
How many entries can be saved. Is there some limit, or it depends on your phone?

Could you please add a feature which  allows to delete records not one by one and that it was possible to select several at once.
=> The feature has been there. In the Call List screen, click the icon on the upper-right corner you'll see it.

Also please add russian language.
=> We'll add more languages in future.

While listening - file is not allocated. It is not very convenient because the file is visually lost.
=> Sorry, I don't understand this one.

No search by date.
=> Thanks for your suggestion, we'll consider it.

How many entries can be saved. Is there some limit, or it depends on your phone?
=> There is no limit in the app. It is only limited by the disk space.

It would be nice to have option to record desired number of calls and if there are more, then it will start overwriting existing ones. To keep just desired number of last ones and to save memory.

Where are saved recordings, please?
I want to be stored on the memory card.
I have a HTC One mini2.

thanks

You can use the Clip Saving Folder option in the app to set the location in which recorded calls will be saved.

Please note, from Android 4.4 all third-party apps can't save files to the external sd card, this is limited by Google.
Please change the Clip Saving Folder to use the internal sd card to save recorded files.

Once again, HTC One mini2:

manualy record from the main page - file(s) saving in Memo List, but no sound when playing (silence).

Settings that work with the HTC one M8 Lollipop (no Root)
Android version 5.0.1
Software 4.19.161.2

"record Mode" Mode5
"Tune Audio Route" Group3
"Tune HTC Parameters" Group1
It will record all in and out coming calls...

stani wrote:

manualy record from the main page - file(s) saving in Memo List, but no sound when playing (silence).

You can use the app to
- record calls.
- record memos when it is not in a call, for example record meetings, interviews etc. When you click the button in the main page to record a memo, it start recording the sound of the room.

OK, so I tried it yesterday: record calls and record memos.
In both cases does not work microphone, I'm not hear me.

My phone : HTC One mini 2
Android 4.4.2
Software: 2.18.401.3

Boldbeast Recorder: Version 7.4 GP

For your HTC One mini2 Android 4.4.2, following settings are suggested:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: WAV
- Tune Audio Route: Test Group1, Group2, Group3 one by one

Does it work?
If it doesn't work I believe no recorder works, in this case you should root your phone, enable the "Change Audio Controls" option in the app to fix the recording problem. The option is visible after you root your phone.

Where can I find "Tune HTC Parameters: Group1 or Group2"?
Also, how can I get touch tone sounds to record?  All else is clear right now on both ends of call.

Where can I find "Tune HTC Parameters: Group1 or Group2"?
=> The "Tune HTC Parameters" option is invisible if the app thinks your phone doesn't need it. So don't care about it if it's invisible.

Also, how can I get touch tone sounds to record? 
=> Usually, users don't want touch tone sounds to be recorded.
=> Most phones can't record touch tone sounds.
=> The app can't make touch tone sounds recorded, it can't make them not recorded either - it's decided only by the phone itself.

All else is clear right now on both ends of call.
=> Glad to know it works well.

M8 Android 6.0 Marshmallow works well also, no root needed, confirmed by users.

HTC U11: HTC U11 Call Recorder
HTC 10: HTC 10 Call Recorder
HTC One A9: HTC One A9 Call Recorder
HTC One M9: HTC One M9 Call Recorder
HTC One M8: HTC One M8 Call Recorder
HTC One M7: HTC One M7 Call Recorder
HTC One E9: HTC One E9 Call Recorder
HTC One E8: HTC One E8 Call Recorder

It seems like I'm the only one, who cannot get it to work on marshmallow (HTC One M8) ;) Before the upgrade it was working perfectly and now it just crashes, when the call ends. Strange thing is that it crashes even if the auto recording option is not enabled and it crashes instantly if I try to press the manual record button.

Also I cannot enable root options. My phone is rooted, every other app can use root normally, but Call Recorder just gives me this message: "[-3] Cannot enable rooted options. You should root your phone first...".

Other users don't meet this problem.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

The logs were just sent. I've noticed, that recording a memo also crashes the app.

I checked your log files. Most possibly there is something in your phone that prevents Boldbeast Recorder getting necessary permissions to work, and this made the app crashing.

Please check built-in settings and third-party apps like "safe manager", "task manager", "privacy guard" etc, don't let them prevent Boldbeast Recorder working.