I have been a user of bold beast on Nokia E 7 earlier and has now switched to Moto G 2nd gen. There is confusion on whether Boldbeast works on Motorola's moto g 2nd gen which works on Kit Kat 4.4.4. There does not appear to be a trial version which can be tested. Any comments?

Here is Boldbeast Recorder for Android you can test http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

3 (edited by naavi 2014-10-20 12:09:15)

Recording does not work on Moto G 2nd gen. I have tried all the modes upto mode 14. Can there not be patch from your side which makes it easy to root so that the ordinary user need not do the rooting by himself?. Call Recording per-se is not illegal atleast in India. In other countries the only condition that can be placed is to give a notice which can be given in the welcome message as a customizable aspect. Of course there can be a problem with the warrantie but if Bold beast negotiates with the manufacturer then even this issue can be handled.

4 (edited by naavi 2014-10-20 14:33:25)

I tried another app which works with the speaker turned on.  BB also worked under Mode 5 with speakers on. It is better than not recording at all. But is still not perfect. I wish BB finds a work around.

Motorola allows call recording when the speaker is on, disallows it when the speaker is off.
Boldbeast Recorder can bypass this limit and make call recording working with the speaker off - you should root your phone, otherwise Boldbeast Recorder doesn't have the permission to change the audio route.

Updated 2015-03-10
================
Boldbeast Recorder V7.5 is released, now Moto G / Moto G 2nd can record calls perfectly in two sides, No Root Needed.
Look here: Moto G call recorder