Hello, I am currently using a trial version of Boldbeast Call Recorder on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-19195). I want to purchase the full version. But first I need to know how can I make the sound a bit louder on the recordings, as sometimes it sounds a bit low. Which setting is best for a louder sound??

Secondly, the recorded clips keep showing in the music player which I don't want as it gets mixed up with my music files. How can I stop the clips from showing in the music player??

Thank you very much for your help.

Following settings are suggested for Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195:

- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Samsung 1: Yes
- Tune Samsung 2: Yes
- Tune Samsung 3: Enable Group 1
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

In the settings screen of Boldbeast Recorder, please change the Clip Saving Folder to remove the dot in the folder name, for example change it from "/sdcard/.BBRec" to "/sdcard/BBRec", then the folder is no longer hidden, you can see all recorded files in the file manager, you can transfer them to your computer, send them to other devices, share them with other people. Of course other apps like Music Player can visit the files also. You can make the folder hidden again by add the dot in the folder name, for example change it from "/sdcard/BBRec" to "/sdcard/.BBRec", this will prevent Music Player to visit recorded files.

Updated 2015-03-07
--------------------------
From V7.7 by default the folder in which recorded files are saved is no longer hidden, and Music Player doesn't visit recorded files. You can use the built-in file manager to see them.

Thank you for your prompt & helpful reply. I will follow your suggestions after upgrade. Just one problem - I have purchased a register code, but it's not been sent to me yet. Kinda worried about this. Can you please help? Also, when I get the code, what exactly do I need to do? I am using the trial version at the moment. Thanks again.

Please open the "About" screen in Boldbeast Recorder, click the Restore button to get the register code, then the app will become the PRO version at once.

6 (edited by LL 2015-01-04 11:12:19)

Hi, thanks for sending the code. One more thing, which is the best format to use for best sound/recording quality: WAV, MP4, 3GP or AMR?

LL wrote:

Hi, thanks for sending the code. One more thing, which is the best format to use for best sound/recording quality: WAV, MP4, 3GP or AMR?

The quality of WAV is the best, but the file is very large.
The quality of MP4, 3GP, AMR is not as good as WAV, but the file is much smaller.

Is there a way to convert the files from amr to mp4, wav, or any of the other options?  Want to store them on my PC, and the amr does not play on the PC

Found a converter on CNET, now to improve the sound quality, my side it too loud and sometimes garbled

Converting from AMR to other formats don't have good sound quality.
I suggest you install some "AMR Player" software in your PC to play back recorded AMR files.