Using another app I can record in both directions but only own voice heard with Bluetooth
Sole reason for trying boldbeast is to fix the latter
Questions:
Does boldbeast work with Samsung note 4?
If so is rooting required? (prefer not)
will it record other party if using Bluetooth
Also I note audio output doesn't include mp3.  Is that likely to be added

I hope these questions and answers help other customers
thanks and regards
Jeff

btw the non pro version definitely did NOT work.  Using suggested settings for note 3 it cut my call off.  have uninstalled temporarily

Using another app I can record in both directions but only own voice heard with Bluetooth
=> This indicates the ROM has a bug inside, you should root your phone to let recorders to fix the problem.

=> If your Galaxy Note4 has a Qualcomm chip inside, after root there are several recorders (less than 4 I think, including Boldbeast Recorder) can fix the problem. For example:
Galaxy Note4 SM-N9100, SM-N9106W, SM-N9108V, SM-N9108W, SM-N9109W, SM-N910A, SM-N910F, SM-N910FD, SM-N910FQ, SM-N910G, SM-N910M, SM-N910MD, SM-N910P, SM-N910R4, SM-N910T, SM-N910T1, SM-N910V, SM-N910W8, SM-N910X, SCL24, SC-01G

=> If your Galaxy Note4 has a Samsung Exynos 5433 chip inside, after root only Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem so far. For example:
Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C, SM-N910CQ, SM-N910H, SM-N910K, SM-N910L, SM-N910S, SM-N910U

=> Yes, of course.

=> No root needed, if your phone doesn't have the bluetooth problem or you don't care about bluetooth.

=> Without root some phones can record calls in two directions via bluetooth, for example SM-N910G.
=> Most phones have the bluetooth problem - it can't record your voice via bluetooth, so root is needed to fix it.

=> Maybe in the future, but at this moment we have no plan. We are trying to make the app support more phones.

btw the non pro version definitely did NOT work.  Using suggested settings for note 3 it cut my call off.  have uninstalled temporarily
=> What's the model of your phone?
=> Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

==>What a tremendous service!
=> This indicates the ROM has a bug inside, you should root your phone to let recorders to fix the problem.
==> the phone is only a few weeks old and under warranty.  Reluctant to root
=> If your Galaxy Note4 has a Qualcomm chip inside, after root there are several recorders (less than 4 I think, including Boldbeast Recorder) can fix the problem. For example:
Galaxy Note4 SM-N9100, SM-N9106W, SM-N9108V, SM-N9108W, SM-N9109W, SM-N910A, SM-N910F, SM-N910FD, SM-N910FQ, SM-N910G, SM-N910M, SM-N910MD, SM-N910P, SM-N910R4, SM-N910T, SM-N910T1, SM-N910V, SM-N910W8, SM-N910X, SCL24, SC-01G
==> none of those is mine
=> If your Galaxy Note4 has a Samsung Exynos 5433 chip inside, after root only Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem so far. For example:
Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C, SM-N910CQ, SM-N910H, SM-N910K, SM-N910L, SM-N910S, SM-N910U
==> Mine is the last one, but total call recorder by global effect is working successfully (apart from bluetooth)
=> Yes, of course.
==>ok
=> No root needed, if your phone doesn't have the bluetooth problem or you don't care about bluetooth.
==>as above bluetooth is the only residual problem
=> Without root some phones can record calls in two directions via bluetooth, for example SM-N910G.
=> Most phones have the bluetooth problem - it can't record your voice via bluetooth, so root is needed to fix it.
==>understood.  Again my existing app is working apart from bluetooth and that alone is not enough to justify rooting the phone and losing warranty
=> Maybe in the future, but at this moment we have no plan. We are trying to make the app support more phones.
==>understood.  Just fyi mp3 seems to be preferred by the people I use to transcribe calls and also delivers the file name in a useful format
=> What's the model of your phone?
==> SM-N910U
=> Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.
==> I temporarily uninstalled to make sure I can receive calls.  In summary: (i)Since rooting appears to be the only way to allow recording bluetooth,  (ii) apart from that I have an existing solution (turn off bluetooth if it’s a call I want to record) my inclination is to let this lie.  If that log file is helpful to your own product development I am happy to reinstall and reproduce the issue for you.  Up to you
==>Thanks once again - fantastic support!

Thanks for telling me your Galaxy Note4 is SM-N910U, now no log files needed, I know this phone. Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Samsung 1: No
- Tune Samsung 2: No
- Tune Samsung 3: No
- Tune Audio Route: No

It works very well.

Indeed if any other recorder works for your phone Boldbeast Recorder works also, because Boldbeast Recorder is far more powerful than other recorders related to "fix recording problems", it has more options you can use. By disabling options above, Boldbeast Recorder works as other simple recorders.

Galaxy Note4: Galaxy Note4 Call Recorder