I suddenly started getting complaints about root not being enabled on my Nexus 6.

The phone is rooted, and SuperSU is granting root to Boldbeast (visible by toast message).

I disabled root options and tried to re-enable it.  I get an error message "Cannot enable rooted options.  You should root your phone first, and allow Boldbeast Recorder to get the su previlage.  Please google "Root Nexus 6" for more information."

Please help, thanks!

Have you just updated the ROM, or have you just updated SuperSU?

boldbeast wrote:

Have you just updated the ROM, or have you just updated SuperSU?

The problem wasn't associated with any recent updates that I'm aware of.

Is there anything I can do to get more information about why it's failing, like capturing a logcat or something else?

I have just sent a new version of Boldbeast Recorder to you, please test it and see if it can get root access. If not, what's the message displayed?

5 (edited by maximumentropy 2015-08-13 12:59:31)

boldbeast wrote:

I have just sent a new version of Boldbeast Recorder to you, please test it and see if it can get root access. If not, what's the message displayed?

Thanks for the assistance that you provided privately by email, it is much appreciated.

I just wanted to follow up publicly to let you know that the problem is resolved.  Although I'm not sure exactly what the issue was, after dirty flashing the latest factory image to close the Stagefright hole (Nexus 6 T-Mobile build LYZ28J), Boldbeast call recorder is now able to enable root options again.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for your feedback.
Glad to know it works again.

Can you give any more details on what have you done to fix it?

My bbr also stopped working today. First it was complaining that it can't apply call settings, and once I tried to toggle root options off and back on I can't enable it again. Same error message as original author.

There was no associated updates that I'm aware of.

I tried re-flashing latest Stagefright stock image (LMY48I) with modified boot image to disable encryption and applied CF-auto-root.

SuperSU appears to be working -- LightFlow and ES file explorer work fine.
I can see SuperSU notification "Boldbeast recorder has been granted superuser permissions for an interactive session", but still can't  enable root options.

Please uninstall Boldbeast Recorder, install the newest V8.0, then click the "Enable Rooted Options" in the app.
If it still doesn't work please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me, let me check them. Thanks.

I already had V8.0.
Reinstalling it fixed the problem with obtaining root.

May I suggest small improvement -- more straightforward way of saving/restoring list of recorded calls and memos.
Right now reinstalling BBR loses the list of recorded calls (files are still on SD card though), and the only way to get it back is to have full backup of app settings, using Helium in my case.

Thanks for help.

Glad to know it works again.
Thanks for your suggestion, we'll consider it.

Seems to be a good place to post here. Latest version is causing many problems on my Nexus 6, rooted with 5.1.1 ROM.

I did uninstall and reinstall and used settings suggested here on this forum.

-Call recording button turns on but can not turn off
-Call recording volume very low (called party not my voice)-
-MP4 option seems to cause periodic inability to record
-Also get the same symptom in the OP

None of these problems occurred in the prior release. Any additional tips highly appreciated.

You said you have uninstalled then reinstalled the app, so you don't have the minor issue described here http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic106 … very.html.

You said "get the same symptom in the OP". The OP reported "after dirty flashing the latest factory image to close the Stagefright hole (Nexus 6 T-Mobile build LYZ28J), Boldbeast call recorder is now able to enable root options again", so it has nothing to do with the old version or the new version of the app. It is related to the ROM/System/Enviroment.

Please fix the ROM/System/Enviroment problem to allow Boldbeast Recorder to get root access, then you'll find all your problems are gone, and V8.0 works far more good than old versions.

^

Thanks. Sorry if I wasn't 100% clear. My problems just began with the new version. The OP opened saying, "I suddenly started getting complaints about root not being enabled on my Nexus 6." This is the exact same symptom I had.

SU reported that BB DID have root but BB kept saying it did not and to download a patch. After uninstalling, reinstalling and enabling root again in BB this problem finally went away but the other problems remain:

-Extremely low recorded call volume (my own voice is normal volume)
-Inability to use in call record button to stop recording
-Occasional inability for the in call button to begin recording

Any tips for these specific problems?

According to your description, the app didn't get root access.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us check them. Thanks.

^ Thanks much. I was able to get BB to recognize root (said above - "this problem finally went away"). After a reboot and switching from two button presses to record to one all problems are resolved except still unable to press button again during recording to stop recording. Shall I still send a log?

Glad to know all other problems have gone.

Please disable the "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Button In Call Movable" option in the app, then the "unable to press button during recording to stop recording" problem will disappear.

17 (edited by swamp2 2015-09-06 03:30:37)

^

Thanks, but no this did not work.

If the button is moveable it can be turned on but can not be turned off.

If the button is not moveable it can not be turned on.

I tested with several phones, the record button works very well. I didn't meet problems you said.
There are many Nexus 6 users of the app, does anyone else have these " record button" problems?

^ Thanks again. Really thank you very much. You have by far the best app for this purpose of the many I have tested. It could be some complicating factor on my end. I have done a couple of dirty flashes of my current ROM. I also have a themed dialer using Layers. No idea if these might be a cause. If a log or anything else could help, I am certainly willing to try to do my part to help you help me. However, if it is too much trouble, on a issue too small and not reported elsewhere, that is fine as well. Cheers.

You said "I also have a themed dialer using Layers", most possibly this is related to the "record button" problem (just guess), we need more users to confirm.

Nexus 6: Nexus 6 Call Recording

boldbeast wrote:

You said "I also have a themed dialer using Layers", most possibly this is related to the "record button" problem (just guess), we need more users to confirm.

I disabled the dialer layer and it did not correct the issue. I tried it with button moveable and button not moveable. At least for me, the issue does not appear to be with Layers.

swamp2 wrote:

I disabled the dialer layer and it did not correct the issue. I tried it with button moveable and button not moveable. At least for me, the issue does not appear to be with Layers.

Many other Nexus 6 users don't meet this problem. I have no idea what made your Nexus 6 have this problem. Sorry.

boldbeast wrote:

Many other Nexus 6 users don't meet this problem. I have no idea what made your Nexus 6 have this problem. Sorry.

I'm guessing a log or something similar can't help? Either way, thanks for all of the great support and a solid app.