My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (which is working great with BB BTW), has 519 recordings.  I know that because when I select all in BB it shows "Count: 519" in the lower left corner.

But when I try and copy the files to ANY option (LAN, Google Drive, OneDrive or even a local folder on my phone) it only copies 229 recordings.

What's up with that?  Some of these recordings are needed for court cases and I have no idea how to save them all off the phone.

Boldbeast Recorder uses a database to save information of recorded calls, this makes searching operation very fast even if you have more than 10000 saved calls.

For example you recorded 1000 calls.
You can use a file manager to see 1000 sound files in the saving folder.
In the database it has 1000 rows to save related sound file names, date, time, duration, incoming/outgoing types etc. You can see 1000 calls in the Call List screen inside the app.

In the Call List screen if you delete 10 calls, the app will delete 10 rows from the database, and delete 10 sound files from the saving folder, it's OK.

If you use a file manager to delete 10 sound files in the saving folder, the result is - you'll see 990 sound files in the saving folder but 1000 calls in the Call List screen. So you should avoid delete files by a file manager, instead please delete files in the Call List screen.

The reason of your problem:
- you recorded 519 calls, and the database has 519 rows inside, you see 519 calls in the Call List screen.
- in the past you have 519 sound files in the saving folder, but you deleted 290 files manually using a file manager (also possibly deleted by other apps manually or automatically), so now it has 229 sound files left.

Thanks for the explanation!