I cannot seem to find a hot key hardware button to activate Boldbeast Recorder 2.80 on my Nokia N8.

I do not want to have the Recorder record every phone conversation. I want to be able to activate the Recorder as-needed.

If I select "Camera (New Phones)" then I find I can activate the Recorder, but can no longer bring up the camera's software using the button.

Is there a setting for one of the (very few) buttons on the N8 which I can use as a hot key for Recorder without also disabling the original function of the key?

Thanks.

The hot key mechanism of Boldbeast is very flexible. On Nokia N8 many users prefer to

- set the Hot Key to "Application Menu" key,
- set the Hot Key Mode to "Press Thrice".

When press the Application Menu key 3 times quickly it will manually start/stop recording without disabling the original function of the Application Menu key. This is very convenient. Indeed many users of Nokia C7, 5800 (phone with few keys) etc also prefer to use this settings.

By the way I suggest you update the software in your phone from v2.8 to the latest version. Don't uninstall the software, just install the new version in the same disk, all your settings and recorded clips will continue to exist.