We have just released Boldbeast Recorder V8.3.

- Added the "Save recordings to the external SD card" feature.
- Added the "Set a recording protected from being deleted" feature.
- Added the "Auto delete old recordings" feature.
- Added the "Auto back up recordings to cloud drive" feature, support Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Added the "Scan recordings to re-index them" feature.
- Added the "Choose folder" screen, now no longer need to input the folder name, just click and choose.
- Updated the Fixing Database, now it can fix bluetooth recording problems for all Huawei phones (root needed).

Please update the app in your phone to the latest version.

Updated 2016-04-19
================
Several users said, on a few phones if you record calls with the WAV format, sometimes it meets the "Write File Error" problem.
Please update the app to V8.5, the problem has been fixed.

Android is a Linux system, the file name is case sensitive, the file "abc.txt" is different from "aBc.TXT", they are two files.
Please remain the file name of recordings unchanged, then the app works flawlessly.

I have just tested, with the app I uploaded recorded files to either Google Drive or Dropbox and then downloaded them, the file name remained unchanged.

I didn't meet the problem you said.
Hope any one else can confirm this.

When I save recordings to an external SD card then the call recorder loses the first 5 seconds of every call (inbound or outbound)
=> Please try to make following options smaller and test again:
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds)
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds)

and it fails to record short calls entirely.
=> Please try to make the "Abandon Short Record (seconds)" option bigger and test again.

Then I went back to using the internal SD card and it immediately performed flawlessly again. It seems that the external SD card implementation is not quite there yet.
=> It's a little strange. Other users don't meet this problem.
=> Actually "external SD card implementation" is provided by the ROM itself, apps just use it. If there is a problem inside the implementation an app can do nothing to fix it.