Hello, I have a Motorola G 2nd generation , your program works for me very well .

My version is 4.4.4 Software Kit Kat.

If I upgrade to version 5.1 works the same ?

Thanks for your reply

and sorry for my english

Translated with Google

We checked Moto G XT1032 Android 5.1 ROM, Motorola added more limits in it, even Boldbeast Recorder can't bypass the limits without root.

We checked Moto G XT1039/XT1040 Android 5.1 ROM, Boldbeast Recorder can still bypass the limits set by Motorola, so no root needed.

Moto G Android 4.3    All recorders need root
Moto G Android 4.4    Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G Android 5.0    Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G Android 5.1 XT1032   All recorders need root
Moto G Android 5.1 XT1033   Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G Android 5.1 XT1039   Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G Android 5.1 XT1040   Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G Android 5.1 XT1045   Other recorders need root, it seems Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root (not confirmed yet)
Moto G Android 5.1 other Phones   Don't know

Moto G 2nd Android 4.4    Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G 2nd Android 5.0    Other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root
Moto G 2nd Android 5.1    Don't know

So please be cautious to upgrade to Android 5.1.
Anyway Boldbeast Recorder can fix the recording problem and record calls perfectly if you root your phone, no matter what Android version you are using.

Moto G 1st / Moto G 2nd: Moto G call recorder
Moto G 3rd: Moto G 3rd call recorder

Moto G Android 5.1: Moto G / Moto G 2nd Android 5.1 Call Recording
Moto G Android 6.0: Moto G / Moto G 2nd Android 6.0 Call Recording

In my Moto G Android 5.1 XT1032 1st gen. the version 8.2 of BoldBeast Call recorder works without root.

r.castaner23 wrote:

In my Moto G Android 5.1 XT1032 1st gen. the version 8.2 of BoldBeast Call recorder works without root.

Thanks for your information. I investigated it further more, it seems XT1032 Android 5.1

- GPE ROM: all recorders need root.
  . LMY47M.M001
  . LMY47M.M002
  . LMY47M.M003
  . LMY47M.M004

- Non GPE ROM: other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root.
  .  LPB23.13-56
  .  LPB23.13-57
  .  LPB23.13-58

You can see your ROM type in the built-in "Settings > About phone" screen.

6 (edited by r.castaner23 2016-07-12 22:15:23)

boldbeast wrote:
r.castaner23 wrote:

Thanks for your information. I investigated it further more, it seems XT1032 Android 5.1

- GPE ROM: all recorders need root.
  . LMY47M.M001
  . LMY47M.M002
  . LMY47M.M003
  . LMY47M.M004

- Non GPE ROM: other recorders need root, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't need root.
  .  LPB23.13-56
  .  LPB23.13-57
  .  LPB23.13-58

You can see your ROM type in the built-in "Settings > About phone" screen.

I reflote this old thread because the recorder was working well until now that fails to recorder sometimes. It's strange because sometimes works and sometimes it fails like in a random form.

Still I have a 1st gen not rooted Moto G with android 5.1 non GPE ROM LPB23.13-56-2 (221.201.2.falcon_umts.EuRetail.en.EU). The BoldBeast version 8.6 GP.

The settings are the default settings except Tune Auto Effect and Tune Audio Route (Group3) .

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thanks

Please disable "Tune Audio Effect", use WAV format to record calls.

boldbeast wrote:

Please disable "Tune Audio Effect", use WAV format to record calls.

Thanks, I've tested it but it fails.

Now I'm trying with enabled "Tune Audio Effect" and 3GP to record calls, "Record Mode 1" and "Tune Audio Route (Group3)". It seems to work but I don't know if it will be stable or random like before.

Users said WAV format works better.

Ok, now it works very well for outgoing and incoming calls with enabled "Tune Audio Effect" and WAV to record calls, "Record Mode 1" and "Tune Audio Route (Group3)".

Sometimes it fails but then I change the record mode to 5 or 7, and it works again. If it fails again I return to mode 1 once more. It needs like a rotation in between record modes.

The problem is that is not known when it is going to fail and why.

r.castaner23 wrote:

Ok, now it works very well for outgoing and incoming calls with enabled "Tune Audio Effect" and WAV to record calls, "Record Mode 1" and "Tune Audio Route (Group3)".

Sometimes it fails but then I change the record mode to 5 or 7, and it works again. If it fails again I return to mode 1 once more. It needs like a rotation in between record modes.

The problem is that is not known when it is going to fail and why.

What's the problem?
There is a bug inside the ROM of your phone - the built-in MediaServer works unstable.

How do we know it?
We checked user's log files, so we know it.

How to know it's true?
No matter what call recorder you are using, the result is the same - sometimes the ROM fails to record calls (in a random way).

What do other recorders do when the ROM fails to record calls?
Do nothing, the recording fails.

What does Boldbeast Recorder do when the ROM fails to record calls?
When the ROM fails to record calls Boldbeast Recorder tries at most 20 times to restart recording, if it still fails the app gives up. From users' log files I saw many calls that would have failed were finally successfully recorded and saved because of this method.

If I upgrade to Android 6.0, is it more stable?
No. I checked users' log files from Android 6.0, it works even more unstable.

How to fix the problem?
Third-party apps can't fix it. Only the manufacturer can fix it.

You said "it needs like a rotation in between record modes", actually no needs to rotation, because it doesn't help.

12 (edited by r.castaner23 2016-07-20 21:44:19)

boldbeast wrote:

You said "it needs like a rotation in between record modes", actually no needs to rotation, because it doesn't help.

If a concrete record mode has failed, could it work again randomly without changing it? Do you mean we achieve nothing with rotation?

Is it there another solution apart from rooting?

For example you use Record Mode 1, occasionally the ROM fails recording, but next time it works again. No need to "rotate".