It's great to see that Boldbeast really suppresses the beeps even on Nokia E7!

There are however some minor suggestions I'd like to make. These are based on my experiences after trying Boldbeast for a couple of days.

1. The Phone Call Clips list display should contain two additional elements of information: Call direction and duration. They could be placed e.g. at the end of the second row like "2011-08-04 15:57:32 I (12:30)" meaning an incoming call with a length of 12 min 30 sec. (So "I" for incoming and "O" for outgoing.)

2. In Clip detail display it would be much more user friendly to see the duration in a form hh:mm:ss instead of just seconds, and the size of the clip in "n.n kB" / "n.n MB" instead of plain bytes when the size is more than 1 kb

3. The call direction indicator ("I" or "O") would be helpful if present also in the clip file name, like "Josh Smith+1222333444_20110804155732_I.AMR" for an incoming call.

4. I would also very much prefer a somewhat less eye-catching Recording Indicator (at least not so bright; maybe some shade of gray would be best)

Actually all these wishes are features that I have had and found handy in another call recorder which I purchased some years ago and have been used quite extensively.

Otherwise this product seems prefect so far. I'm seriously considering to switch over to Boldbeast!

We'll consider these features. Thank you very much.

Hi !

Thanks for the suggestions from BZFH, and would like to add some of my opinions as follows :

(1) I like the suggestion to add "Call duration" and "Call direction". The call direction, please consider to put under two sub-menu (incoming & outgoing call) or use two different colours to represent two types of call.

(4) I agreed to use less eye catching record indicator (maybe a grey/black telephone icon ?)

Hope to see the improvement from Boldbeast!

Jack

Boldbeast Nokia Call Recorder 2.9 is now available, please update your software.

Many suggestions from BZFH, jackneo and other users are adopted, they are really useful, thank you all.

i am now using ultimate voice recorder with my nokia e75.it has a great feature.you can call the recorded number just in the application.but with your software it is impossible to do that.i actually have write the number to a piece of paper,exit boldbeast than call the number.this is very inconvient.i cant even copy the number and paste it.please add that feature to next software releases.

You can use the built-in Log program to view call logs and dial a telephone number instead of writing the number to a piece of paper and input again.

Of course we'll consider your suggestion.

i cant find how to dial a number in the recorded logs.

Open the built-in Log program, in "Recent Calls / Missed Calls(Received Calls, Dialled Nos.)", select a entry and press Call.

Thank you for implementing several improvements in version V2.9!

Some additional observations follow:

1. When there are more than 100 calls in the call clip list display, the clip numbers over 100 are not displayed correctly at least in Nokia E7. Instead of "99 - 100 - 101 - 102" the numbering goes "99 - 1... - 1... - 1...", which BTW does not take any less space to display.

2. If a call is recorded for a number stored in the phone's address book with only the company's name (i.e. without first and last name), I expected to see the company name in the phone call clips display. However only the phone number is displayed. This makes identification for the calls difficult in case several numbers in the phone's adderss book have only the company name.

3. Having the call direction and duration now visible in the phone call clips display is a very welcomed improvement. However it brought one negative side effect: Previously also the beginning of the note text was displayed but this was now completely removed from the clips list display. This makes it more difficult to find a specific phone conversation afterwards (you must select each suspected call clip and select "display note" to see if there is a note text and whether it was the correct one). Here are some ideas for improving the situation:

a) Preferred solution: do not display the phone number in the clips list display if a match for the name or company is found in the phone's address book. Even now the phone number is not displayed completely for many such calls so there is not much added value in the clip list to list only a partial number after the name. Even if this field is shortened to say about 15-18 characters this should usually be enough to display enough of the name or the whole number for unique identification.

b) Alternate solution 1: If solution a) is not acceptable change "IN" to "I" and "OUT" to "O" to free up some space in the line

c) Alternale solution 2: In any case I think there is even now at least a little free space (maybe some 2-5 characters) at the end of each line. Even displaying only 1-5 first characters of the stored note text would be better than displaying no indication on whether a note text exists at all.

4. Having a little smaller recording indicator in V2.90 is a good change. I hope I'm not considered too exacting when I suggest at least an optional choise for still less eye catching indicator. One example to give a general idea about what I mean is to have a look on the Ultimate Voice Recorder (which on the other hand has several weaknesses when compared to Boldbeast). I think the most critical attributes for the "non-eye-catching" indicator would be some light grey for color shade and still somewhat smaller size.

5. It would be luxury to have also the note text copied (when it exists for a clip) when a clip is copied into a folder. For example a note text for "Josh Smith+1222333444_20110804155732.AMR" could be "Josh Smith+1222333444_20110804155732.TXT"

6. Having the call direction in the clip file name would also be helpful; like "Josh Smith+1222333444_20110804155732_IN.AMR"

use bengal tiger as your logo. It will be bolder and more beautiful. Software is very useful. Put in and out arrow before clips and make an option to sort all clips datewise or namewise in folders like Voxtrack.

Thank you all for your suggestions, we'll investigate it and continue to improve the software.

If add Note to the list entry, the system will automatically truncate the entry and add "..." to the end of it, as a result Note can't be displayed.

Boldbeast uses SQL Database to manage clips, every clip is indexed by the SQL engine. The powerful search function can help you retrieve clips quickly. You can display only calls which have "Tom" in the contact name. You can display only calls which have "abc" in the Note.

You can change Clip File Name Format to have the call direction in the clip file name from v2.9 on.

Today v3.0 is released  just a moment ago, there are some other improvements, please update to v3.0.

How about if you could inform by e-mail all of us who have already buy the software for a new release?

Sorry, the Anti-Spam System of our web hosting provider can't allow us to send so many emails to notify users.

One more suggestion: Early used other app. "Symbrecorder". I think it will be more usefull if the main page brings the information about number of calls, Size the recodrings and so... as it is on above mentioned "Symbrecorder" mainpage.

Thank you for your suggestion.

The newest v3.10 is released, a "Total Info" function is added, please update your software.