Hi,

I've been facing this problem for some time now, wherein:

1. The other side hears an echo of their own voice.
2. I don't hear an echo in the actual conversation.
3. The recording also has an echo.

It does NOT happen consistently - it sometimes starts within a call, then might switch off, and then might come back again. It doesn't seem to matter if I call or the other party calls.

Settings:
BB Rec version: 8.6 GP
Mode: Mode1
Phone: OnePlus 2 / Two
Model Number: ONE A2003
Android version: 6.0.1
OxygenOS 3.0.2

"During a call the caller hears his own voice with echo", this problem has nothing to do with the app.

3 (edited by bbuser15 2016-08-15 13:34:59)

boldbeast wrote:

"During a call the caller hears his own voice with echo", this problem has nothing to do with the app.

Sorry I didn't specify the context, but this only happens when the app is enabled and recording... (but is inconsistent, as mentioned earlier).

1. When receiving a call, if I don't press the button to record at all, there is no issue - no echo at the other end.
2. While in a call which is being recorded and the other side hears their own echo and then if I press the button to turn off the recording, there is no echo heard by the other end.

An app can't make the echo, even if it "wants to make" it.

So I guess the problem is inside the ROM. No matter what recorder in the market you are using, the result is exactly the same. Only the manufacturer can fix it in future ROM updates.

boldbeast wrote:

An app can't make the echo, even if it "wants to make" it.

Not disagreeing with you - it might be something else which the other folks are describing as an "echo" - they say they can hear their own voices at their end.

Btw, I do think its related to the software, because the "echo" behavior stops when the recording button is turned off.

You said "the echo behaviour stops when the recording button is turned off".
NO MATTER WHAT RECORDER you are using the behaviour is exactly the same - the problem is in the ROM.

boldbeast wrote:

You said "the echo behaviour stops when the recording button is turned off".
NO MATTER WHAT RECORDER you are using the behaviour is exactly the same - the problem is in the ROM.

When I make or receive calls with my handset, the other caller hears their voice echo loudly but the recording of their voice is clear yet records my voice only very faintly.  It almost sounds as if it is a speakerphone call. 

When I make calls from my bluetooth headset, the caller does not hear their voice echo and the conversations is clear and normal, however in the recording the callers voice is not audible or not recorded.

I am using Note 10+ SM-975U1 unlocked (not rooted, sadly), Android 11 with accessibility enabled and microphone disabled for Google. I have Boldbeast Pro 14.9 GP set to auto record, default settings, record mode 12, noise suppress, Tune Audio Effect, Tune Audio Route 1, Tune Samsung1, Tune Samsung2

I have been using the Pro version for many, many years on my old rooted Note 4 and really hope we can find a workaround for my new device. 

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Noel