We'll publish the newest version Boldbeast Recorder V8.7 within several days.

Here is the final test version V8.7d:
[Updated] Boldbeast Recorder V9.0 has been released, please install V9.0.

Now Android 7.0 works perfectly.
Nexus 6P, 6, 5X Android 7.0 work great (root needed)
Huawei P9, P8, Mate8, Honor8, Honor7 etc with the latest ROM work great, no root needed
Supports wav, 3gp, mp4, amr and aac formats, all use hardware encoders in your phone to compress sound files, so it's smooth and perfect
Added the "Noise Suppress + Echo Cancel" feature
Improved the record engine

boldbeast wrote:

Nexus 6P, 6, 5X Android 7.0 work great (root needed)

On the 5X (Nougat) audio quality remains so bad it is basically unusable.

boldbeast wrote:

Supports wav, 3gp, mp4, amr and aac formats

On the 5X, 3gp, mp4, amr and aac don't work for call recording. Only wav works.

fvisagie wrote:

You are using V8.6.
Please install the V8.7d version, then you'll see the differences.

For the Nexus 6P, do the restrictions still apply or have things changed?

Specifically talking about these

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Record Format: MP4
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: Yes

and the "auto detect" changes at the bottom? Are MP4 and ALSA the only formats supported or is WAV supported in 8.7d too?

oh and 10 minutes between posts is a bit much. Never seen anything beyond 1 minute wait time.

Nexus 6P Android 6.0
-------------------------------
- can record calls clearly in two sides, use Alsa mode
- all wav, 3gp, mp4, amr and aac formats work well

Nexus 6P Android 7.0
- can record calls clearly in two sides, use "Alsa mode + wav format".
- 3gp, mp4, amr and aac formats don't work with Alsa mode at this moment, we'll investigate it.

Help Needed
We need someone provide log files to help us find the reason why 3gp, mp4, amr and aac don't work when using the Alsa mode. Please:
- install the app "CatLog" from Google Play store.
- open CatLog to start read logs (give it root access).
- make several calls, let Boldbeast Recorder use "Alsa mode + mp4" to record them, it will fail as expected.
- switch to CatLog, stop read logs, save logs to a file, send the file to me (service@boldbeast.com), let us see what made it crash.
Thanks.

6 (edited by Ch3vr0n 2016-10-05 18:47:02)

i'll stick with wav. Saves me converting if i need to. Basically i can use the settings below then but set format to WAV on 7.0?

Record mode 1 + WAV

(license transfer succeeded btw)

Ch3vr0n wrote:

i'll stick with wav. Saves me converting if i need to. Basically i can use the settings below then but set format to WAV on 7.0?

Record mode 1 + WAV

(license transfer succeeded btw)

Record Mode: Alsa
Record Format: Wav, at this moment

i'm test the new version, it won't start immediately but after 10 seconds. i purchased the pro version to support your great app and i don't want to cancel my order. how to make it start immediately?

erez669 wrote:

i'm test the new version, it won't start immediately but after 10 seconds. i purchased the pro version to support your great app and i don't want to cancel my order. how to make it start immediately?

Please change the "Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds)" option in the app, you can tune the time.

This version is working very well with my Huawei P9 . but when I'm using the phone in noisy environment the other side voice is very low and can't be heard .

hamud.q wrote:

This version is working very well with my Huawei P9 . but when I'm using the phone in noisy environment the other side voice is very low and can't be heard .

Please disable the Noise Suppress/Echo Cancel option and test again.

12 (edited by VidarParry 2016-10-14 01:53:58)

Hi,

I have a rooted Nexus 5X Nougat (v7.0) with BoldBeast Recorder v8.7d.

Please can you state clearly the settings needed to make this work on this phone, as I can't get it to work properly!

Many thanks

Nexus 5X please use these settings: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic112 … us-5x.html

14 (edited by VidarParry 2016-10-14 01:54:35)

VidarParry wrote:

Hi,
I have a rooted Nexus 5X Nougat (v7.0) with BoldBeast Recorder v8.7d.
Please can you state clearly the settings needed to make this work on this phone, as I can't get it to work properly!
Many thanks

boldbeast wrote:

Nexus 5X please use these settings: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic112 … us-5x.html

Many thanks for your quick responses - mine works with the first set of settings in that post.

- Record Mode: Alsa
- Tune Audio Effect: Yes

I'll now start testing with different call situations.

Hi. Not sure whether this should go here or on Nexus 5X page.

I have a rooted Nexus 5X Nougat (v7.0) with BoldBeast Recorder v8.7d. Settings are as recommended:

- Record Mode: Alsa
- Tune Audio Effect: Yes
and
- Noise suppress and echo cancel on (although doesn't seem to make any difference on the Nexus 5X).

The incoming audio is the right volume (easily heard and the same as outgoing volume) but slightly distorted (like when you overload a speaker with too high volume).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Hi
Just reporting what may be a software bug in v8.7d (which I believe is still in Beta).

BBCR had been idle. I opened it  and had a popup message for Boldbeast Recorder that said "Cannot record calls, please change "Record Mode" in settings  and try again. Record Mode 1, 5 and 4 are most commonly used." followed by a warning about multiple call recorders.

I only have BBCR installed, although had previously installed and uninstalled a couple of other ACR apps before installing BBCR.

I've ignored the message as everything seems to be working the same as before the message.

No response needed - just letting you know in case it's something you need to address.

Keep up the good work!

The "caller's voice is slightly distorted" is an old problem of Nexus 5X, it seems no good solution so far, no matter what recorder in the market you are using.

boldbeast wrote:
fvisagie wrote:

You are using V8.6.
Please install the V8.7d version, then you'll see the differences.

The results above are from V8.7d.

If it helps any, the distortion seems to be the result of over-squelching followed by over-amplification. It sounds as if at some point volume was driven too low (possibly resulting in clipping at the bottom), followed by being driven too high with clipping at peaks.

19 (edited by VidarParry 2016-10-14 08:14:19)

boldbeast wrote:

The "caller's voice is slightly distorted" is an old problem of Nexus 5X, it seems no good solution so far, no matter what recorder in the market you are using.

Just an update on my previous post (the board won't let me edit it).
The configuration works, but with distorted ("Metallic") but workable incoming voice. Tried a variety of different settings which either had no effect or made things worse. So I guess until BoldBeast or someone comes up with a fix, this is the best it'll get.
I bought the pro version (not cheap), reluctantly because of this issue but it seems to be the only app that works on Nexus 5X Nougat at this time.

Hope you can get this resolved BoldBeast - there could be a lot of Samsung Customers buying Nexus devices

Update #2
Voice quality in and out have deteriorated to being unusable. No adjustment settings were made. Reboot made no difference.
Also had 2 instances of screen being locked following termination of a call. Reboot required to fix it. Appears Phone App died in both cases.

1. As I said the "caller's voice is distorted" is an old problem of Nexus 5X, it seems no good solution so far, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. We'll investigate it further more anyway.

2. I checked your log files, "Phone App died" has nothing to do with the recorder.

In my Samsung S7 Edge, after updating, it stopped working. It shows the error msg. After changing some configs it`s able to record in the new .aac extension, but without starting recording automatically, only setting the beginning after 1 sec, in the incoming / outcoming options. I moved back to the 8.6 version. Any clues?

Users said the new version V8.7 doesn't work with the 3GP and the MP4 format in some phones.
Please use WAV or AMR format to record calls, they work well. At this moment don't use 3GP and MP4, we'll fix it soon.

About auto record calls, please check following settings:

- Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Enable Auto Record Calls
- Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Rule to Auto Record Calls

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 3
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 15 -----------> change to 3 if needed
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V8.8.
Please update the app in your phone to V8.8, the problems have been fixed in the new version.

boldbeast wrote:

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V8.8.
Please update the app in your phone to V8.8, the problems have been fixed in the new version.

Hi,
Why recording calls while i use Bluetooth headset sometimes works good and sometimes doesn't work on my Mate8 nxt-dl00?
Thanks
Bye ;)

stefano.brescia.81 wrote:

Why recording calls while i use Bluetooth headset sometimes works good and sometimes doesn't work on my Mate8 nxt-dl00?

Please
- click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast to send hardware log files to me.
- tell me which call was recorded well with the bluetooth, which call was not.
Let me check them and see what's the difference.