Hi there,

Last month i thought it was a glitch or a fluke but with this january's security update. It's 100% postive. After updating with an OTA, the app loses its "root mode enabled" setting. I have to go into Call settings > fix recording issues > Enable root options every time after an ota.

Yes i am rooted after flashing an ota. The OTA update gets flashed, immediately after SuperSU zip file (to root) gets flashed. The system is rooted fully again when booted up so the app shouldn't lose it's settings.

Minor annoying but i hope it can be fixed.

If there's anything you need me to do, please let me know

SuperSU may refuse Boldbeast Recorder to get root access after the ROM is updated by OTA, or after Boldbeast Recorder is updated to a new version. SuperSU thinks now that something has been changed the user need to check and confirm the root access again.

You should set SuperSU "no need to do so, in the future don't do so again".

Unfortunately that's not the case here

Immediately after the OTA gets flashed, the procedure gets followed by reflashing the SuperSU zip. Meaning when the system boot's up it's as rooted as it was BEFORE the OTA. Permission is still granted in SuperSU, and the setting in SuperSU you're referring to 're-verify' applies to when the APPS get updated to re-request root permission. This does NOT apply if the SYSTEM gets updated. (just fyi i got that setting disabled, meaning even if the app gets updated it retains root permission. That's one of the first settings i change in SuperSU upon an install).

Thus the issue remains. system gets updated by OTA, boldbeast loses root enabled settings even though the system is rooted at bootup AND SuperSU is configured to grant root permission.

Every time when Boldbeast asks for root access, if it succeeds that's OK. If it fails - obviously something out of Boldbeast refuses to grant the root permission to Boldbeast.

This is out of the control of Boldbeast, is it right? Please check it again.

After an OTA, i go to "fix recording issues" > enable rooted options and everything is just fine and recording works perfectly. (SU granted permission is remembered by SuperSU). It's the boldbeast APP itself that turns the "rooted options" off after a device ota gets applied or the OTA is doing it.

No, Boldbeast doesn't reset the setting, unless you change it or you use a backup/restore app to restore the settings to their old states.

7 (edited by Ch3vr0n 2017-04-12 16:25:29)

You still don't get it do you. I dont change anything or use a backup app to restore settings. So again, here's the scenario.

1. Device fully rooted, boldbeast has root permissions (Fix recording issues => enable rooted options tapped)
2. Device gets an android system update notification, AKA an OTA.
3. OTA gets applied
4. SuperSU is flashed BEFORE the system reboots, finishing the OTA upgrade
5. System boots back into android
6. Boldbeast setting "Enable rooted options" has been reverted, maybe not intentionally by the recorder (and definitely not by me), but that setting IS reverted (while SuperSU still has the listing for boldbeast to grant access.

My guess: boldbeast app requests SU access before the system has finished booting up and completing all tasks related with the OTA system update. Thus THINKING the device is not rooted, and goes to "default" recording settings.

All i need to do after an update is go tap that "enable rooted options" and all is fine again. SuperSU doesn't even prompt for SU granting permission because there is still a "granted" listing for Boldbeast.

I'd be happy to generate a debug report BEFORE i flash the next ota and FULL system logs made with the "SysLog" app from the play store (sorry no link, the damn forum won't let me post any link) AFTER the OTA has been applies, and another one after "enable rooted options" has been tapped

Oh and a 10 minute wait time between posts? Really, bit long don't ya think?