A bluetooth accessory(headset, car kit etc) usually supports one or more of following bluetooth profiles:
(1) Bluetooth HFP/HSP (mono)
(2) Bluetooth A2DP (stereo)
(3) Bluetooth SAP/SIM/rSAP
If your accessory supports HFP/HSP + A2DP, Nokia phones automatically use A2DP.

According to the user's feedback, if your headset or car kit supports only HFP/HSP, Boldbeast may have problems with beep suppression during phone call recording, if it supports A2DP or SAP/SIM/rSAP, currently no problem is reported.

You are welcome to post your result here.

Hi all,

i checked HF I used in my car - Nokia CK-7W set, HF unit Nokia HF-5 (BT+cable HF) - my N-8 connected via BT, beeps are still there .... could I expect in future version beep surpression ? Could you recommend me similar HF witch is OK with beep surpression ? Thanks :)

Some users said Nokia E7 + Nokia BH-804 is perfect, no beeps.
We tested Nokia C7/Nokia 5800 + some headsets which supports A2DP, no beeps.

Nokia HF-5 supports HFP 1.0.
Nokia BH-804 supports HFP 1.5 / HSP 1.1

4 (edited by BoJo 2011-07-30 09:21:18)

Please don't give up on finding a solution to Bluetooth systems that are not A2DP.

On several occasions people I have dialed hear the initial beep (on connection) and think it is an incoming fax, so start the fax machine.

Although it would mean much more Boldbeast housekeeping (clearing out of recorded message where the recipient didn't answer), it would be better if you could offer the option to start the recording early (as in ver 2.7) and at least the initial beep would have already happened before they answer the call.  This is not ideal, but I feel it could be better than it is at the moment with the call starting with a strong beep when connecting via Bluetooth.

The other reason to keep on trying to find a solution is that we can't play back the Boldbeast recordings without disconnecting from the non A2DP Bluetooth system.

I keep on hoping you will find the solution.

Yes, we are working on it.

Even if your accessory doesn't support A2DP, but if it supports HFP 1.5, it may work well with Boldbeast (no beeps), Nokia BH-804 is an example. Another example is, we make a Linux computer to support HFP 1.5, and connect the computer  to Nokia 5800 via bluetooth, Boldbeast works well  (no beeps).

Some accessory supports HFP 1.5, but if it does not completely meet the HFP 1.5 specification, Boldbeast may have beep suppression problems.

If your accessory only supports HFP 1.0, according to the user's feedback, Boldbeast have beep suppression problems.

As to starting the recording early (as in ver 2.7), if users really need it, we'll consider to add this option in the future versions.

Thank you for your reply.  I am experiencing the problem with a Nissan Car Bluetooth system (factory installed).  I have no idea what version of Bluetooth it uses (neither does the dealer).

With regard to the early starting. I can see that if the beep is not occurring then the later starting is more efficient but when it does occur every time I make a call or receive a call in the car then the earlier start would stop people thinking they are receiving a fax.

I am delighted to hear you are still working on it.

hi,
Same problem of beeping
using Nokia N8
Bluetooth HF -210 ( nokia )

Connectivity

2.1 with enhanced data rate (EDR)
        Handsfree profile (HFP) 1.5

works fine without auto record on bluetooth activated
I dont know, but there were no beeps on the demo but after registration they started.
I felt bad & cheated

regards
Raj

It's impossible. Both the registered version and  the demo version of the software has the same bluetooth issue. This is a known issue, unfortunately we have not found the solution to fix it.