76 (edited by xtruss 2017-11-01 09:36:58)

boldbeast wrote:

You said V9.2 don't have the problem - it's impossible. All versions of Boldbeast Recorder, all other recorders, and all third-party apps in the market, no one itself can bypass the power management / battery optimization limit imposed by the system.

I am not sure why you do not believe me when i and other users on this forum have mentioned that after v9.2 call recording starts to skip.
To test this, i had to put put my phone back on stock android 7.1.2 as v9.2 doesn't work on android 8.

I then made test calls on v9.2 and everything worked fine and recorded fine.
I then went on the play store and allowed boldbeast to update to the latest ver (10.2GP) and the problems came straight back with call skipping. So i know it is something that was introduced in v9.3 that is causing the issue.
The following link shows screen shots during testing of v9.2 & V10.2
This shows the three calls made on v9.2 the call time and record time are both the same.
Then the two  calls made on v10.2 the call time is far longer than the record time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pvVDuiHIoR6IHmMs1

There is no setting on my phone i can adjust to make this work, as its a software issue, and only occurs when the screen is off, as also reported by other users. I am happy to send logfile or whatever is need to get this sorted out.
Hopefully since i have purchased the app, then that should count for getting an element of support from the dev rather than just blaming android.

Thanks, i have tried those settings, and skipping occurs as shown in my previous post.

xtruss wrote:

Thanks, i have tried those settings, and skipping occurs as shown in my previous post.

Thanks for your information.
We changed several recording parameters in the newest V10.3 version, from users' feedbacks it seems the "recordings skipping / fast forwarding" problem has been fixed. Please update Boldbeast Recorder to V10.3 and test again.

79 (edited by cwassman 2017-11-17 16:56:01)

I am having the same issues outlined by @xtruss.  The skipping exists with v.10.3 gp from the play store.   Until this time I was on android 7.1.2, using app 9.2 with no issues.   

I recently upgraded to android 8, and found v.9.2 doesn't work.  I was unable to get root options enabled, and don't know if that's related to incompatibility with android 8, or that I'm using Magisk for root.   

So, I switched back to the playstore 10.3 version, and the skipping is back.

After testing some things, I can also confirm that when the screen stays on during a call, recording does not skip.  I cannot find any android setting, however, to keep the screen on during a call.   Not sure if that would be a suitable workaround either due to SoT battery drain and possibility of bumping buttons when you're on a call.

cwassman wrote:

The skipping exists with v.10.3 gp from the play store.

Thanks for your feedback. So, I guess Nexus 6P has exactly the same problem as Nexus 5X:

- When you use a bluetooth headset, it records calls perfectly, no matter screen on or off.
- When you use the earpiece, during recording
  . if you keep the screen on, it records the call perfectly.
  . if you click the power key to switch off the screen, it records the call perfectly.
  . if your ear is near the phone and the proximity sensor switches off the screen, it records the call bad.

Is it right?

My appologies....I must have edited my post just as you were replying.   

I did not test BT or earpiece, but I do confirm that when the phone screen is left on during a call it records just fine.

I didn't event think of MANUALLY turning off the screen when in a call.   I tested that just now, and the recordings are for the appropriate length of time, HOWEVER, the recording quality is noticeably worse than if the screen was on.  Recordings do not skip, but the audio is faint and indistinguishable.  

At this moment we are investigating the problem.

I can also confirm the issue still exists with the latest playstore version. 
I hope you manage to find the problem, as it is a good product when it works

xtruss wrote:

I can also confirm the issue still exists with the latest playstore version. 
I hope you manage to find the problem, as it is a good product when it works

Thanks. We are dealing with it.

UPDATE 2017-11-23
=================
Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V10.4, now this problem has been completely fixed.
Google Play may need time to publish the new version, if at this moment the new version is not available in your area please download it from our web site.

Waiting for 10.4 to hit the play store.  It's not there yet, unless it's available somewhere else?

cwassman wrote:

Waiting for 10.4 to hit the play store.  It's not there yet, unless it's available somewhere else?

I ended up finding 10.4 on your website.  Testing it now. I will report back yet tonight (I'm in USA).

I made a variety of test calls this evening, and everything appears to be working properly now. Using the recommended settings with version 10.4 , the audio on the recordings is clear and does not skip.  Thank you very much for your work on this app!

88 (edited by xtruss 2017-11-24 14:37:06)

Thanks you, also found the download on your site, play store is not showing it yet.
Will test also and post back.. (-:

Update:  After a few calls today, all calls recorded perfectly using the recommend settings. Thank you for fixing the issue.

Hello, an update on the play store had just installed and taken the version to  10.5
Looking at the version history from your site, you no longer list 10.4 - Are the fixes from 10.4 also in 10.5?

11/09/2017   Boldbeast Android Call Recorder V10.3
Added following languages: German.
Fixed bugs.

11/24/2017   Boldbeast Android Call Recorder V10.5
Supports Android 8.1.
Fixed bugs.

We released V10.5 soon after V10.4, to support several other phones.
To Nexus 6P, V10.5 is the same as V10.4. Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V10.5 directly.

I am using the most recent version of the app (11.2) on my nexus 6p,and it seems to record well using the setting in post 1,  update 3 (settings for oreo). The only time I run into problems is when I am driving and I make or receive phone calls.  While connected to my cars Bluetooth, once the call finishes, it says it can not record, and to change the record mode to record calls.  Anyone else having the same issue at all?

Bluetooth itself works great.
I guess when you use bluetooth another app automatically begins working and that blocks the recorder doing its job. Please check "OK Google", "Huawei Voice Assistant" etc, don't let them block the recorder working. Please see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html for more info.

It records the call but it is seriously distorted and you can barely understand it.

I have tried everything on a Nexus 6p Stock Rom 8.1.0 Aug 5th Security Patch.

I would love this to work.

Just as Nexus 5X, some Nexus 6P users said "recordings are crystal clear", some users said "recordings are distorted". This is because differences in ROMs. If you met the distort problem it's hard to fix it. For more info please see the #71 post in this topic: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic112 … us-5x.html

ISSUE WITH LATEST MAGISK? 

I have been using boldbeast for months without issue (Nexus 6p, Lineage 15 ROM, Root with Magisk).   I updated to the latest 17.x Magisk the other day, and now boldbeast does not function.   Under the same settings, it locks up the phone during every call and has forced me to have to reboot the phone.   Anybody else seeing issues?

As a followup to my previous post, I have spent the evening trying to fix this issue, as I rely heavily on call recording.  I ended up wiping my phone and completely starting over in order to try and solve this issue.   I am now faced with more issues.   When I install the program, it first says that it "cannot find the database."   Then, I am now not able to get it to access root privileges on my phone.  It says I am not rooted, but clearly I am.   Boldbeast even shows up on the list of apps with root access.  Please help.

it locks up the phone during every call and has forced me to have to reboot the phone.
=> Please disable the "Start Input Stream" option. Some ROMs need to do so.

When I install the program, it first says that it "cannot find the database."
=> Indeed it says "Can't open the database". Please don't use your backup app to restore a very old data. Newer Android versions can't open too old database.

Then, I am now not able to get it to access root privileges on my phone.
=> Please confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder (currently V11.7). It 100% works, no matter you are using SuperSU or Magisk, no matter which version of Magisk you are using.

I am back in business now. Thank you for your help about turning the "start input stream" setting off. That fix the phone from locking up.

I also wanted to add that the settings listed in post one, update three, work very well. (I am running lineage 15 ROM)

In order to have much better voice quality I did find that I had to also edit voice handling on the phone. Using build prop editor I edited the following entry:

persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

Changed it to FALSE.

cwassman wrote:

In order to have much better voice quality I did find that I had to also edit voice handling on the phone. Using build prop editor I edited the following entry:

persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

Changed it to FALSE.

Thanks for sharing the information, it's surely useful to other Nexus 6P users.

Nexus 6p, 8.1 Android.

The Update 3 settings do not work, I think Maginsk is causing problems as I just took their update and my phone started locking up on all phone calls that record.

With Start Input Stream off and update 3 settings I am getting grainy audio that can't be deciphered.

Not sure what to do, just going to keep flipping settings