1 (edited by pansa1313 2018-01-16 16:33:08)

Hello,
First post here :)
I have rooted galaxy sIII, I bought Pro version and did SELunixModeChanger.
This is ATT phone [I-747 ??], original ROM, rooted with SuperUser.
The issue is that I am getting heavy white noise during playback of the recorded noise conversations. During the voice call there is no noise. The noise happens in most of the recorded conversations [like in 90%] but sometimes the recording is fine [10%].
I tried different Call Recorders [I believe BoldBeast works better] with the same result - white noise on playback.
I don't have any ideas how to fix that.
Please help.
Alex.

Galaxy S3 has many variants.

Now that you have rooted the phone, if your phone has a Qualcomm chip inside please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: test Alsa and 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung1: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung2: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung3: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Driver: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: test Yes and No

If your phone has a Samsung Exynos chip inside please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: test 21 and 22
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung1: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung2: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Driver: Yes

Thank you!

The best setting I found (other party is heard clearly):

- Record Mode:  1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Driver: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: doesn't matter, set to No

Nope,
I don't understand how it works...
With the settings above the white noise re-appears after a couple of hours. After I re-boot the phone the quality returns and again disappears after a couple of hours... and the recording has some good quality fragments and some bad [noisy] parts...
Real frustrating...
Any ideas???
Alex.

Maybe you have the same problem as this:
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic15 … order.html

7 (edited by pansa1313 2018-01-18 14:48:40)

Thank you.
- It seems I don't have HD Voice on my ATT S3 running Android 4.4.2. I don;t have Enhances LTE option... I disabled the whole data over network with no success.

- I uninstalled all apps, using Titanium Backup I un-froze all bloatware, pretty much returned the phone to the stock - with no success

- My wife has the same [not rooted though] S3, I bought two phones at the same time a couple of years ago. She claims the BoldBeast works just fine on hers. Need more days to verify that though.

The main issue is that the recording is not *stable*: it was working just fine for a couple of days and then with no apparent reason the quality went down to unacceptable...

Any idea if that is hardware or software issue? Maybe I can install some custom ROM [even though that's going to be for the first time for me]???

Anything???

Another thing....
maybe I don't need to blame BoldBeast for bad quality... One recording is good, another is bad... I paid more attention to the phone line [connection] quality during conversation and [potentially] static comes from the phone line...
- The static is present during conversation and it becomes very loud on the recording. Is there a way to suppress it?

Thanks in advance, Alex

Every time when you start recording the app according to your settings tells the ROM "please set audio settings this way, and start recording", then the app "reads data from the stream - saves data to the file - reads data from the stream - saves data to the file" repeatedly, nothing special. The app doesn't make "one recording is good, another is bad", because it uses exactly the same settings you set.

From other users' feedbacks, HD Voice is the cause that made the problem. However you said you didn't enable HD Voice. So I'm afraid I don't know what made the problem in your phone. If you finally find what's the reason you're welcome to tell us here.

OK, thanks

Hello,
I was monitoring the situation all this time....
I talked to the provider and they *pushed* something to improve phone line quality.
I can see now that the recording is working fine when I have the loud speaker ON during the conversation and it doesn't if it is OFF.
Maybe I could change some BB settings to have the recording working both ways?
Thanks

Other Galaxy S3 users didn't meet the same problem.
Suggested settings in post #2 above work great for other users.

12 (edited by pansa1313 2018-01-24 17:46:55)

With all my respect!
I do not have any intent to *troll* you in any way. I just hoped to get some help from the person who knows much more about phones and recording on them than I do... at least...

But i kind of sense that you don't want to deal with the case... or don't know how to.... fine!

At the end it happened to be a hardware issue.
After phone reboot the recording was working for a couple of days and then degraded causing another reboot.
The hard reset - taking the battery from the phone without powering it down - usually completely restored the recording.

I bought another phone Moto G5S.

Could you please help me to transfer the licence from the old phone to the current one.

Transfer license:
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic129 … nsfer.html

Thank you!