I have the final version of Android 9 installed on a rooted Google Pixel 2, and I have Boldbeast Recorder Pro version 11.5GP.

I verified I have root access (via apps like Root Checker). When I selected Call Settings > Fix Recording Issues > Enable Rooted Options, I don't get the prompt for root access. I get the following message instead:

[-3] Cannot enable rooted options. You should root your phone first and allow Boldbeast Recorder to get the su privilege. Please google "Root Pixel 2" for more information.

How do I fix this issue? It was working just fine on Android 8.1.0. Without the rooted option, I'm only able to record my voice and not the other side.

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I've sent the logs. Thank you for the help.

I checked your log files.
When Boldbeast Recorder run "su" the system refused it - this indicates your phone has not been properly rooted.

UPDATE
I investigated it further more, the real problem is, there is a little bug inside the version of Magisk you are using. We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V11.6, please update the app in your phone to V11.6, now it can bypass the bug and successfully get root access.

Google Play may need time to publish V11.6, if at this moment the new version is unavailable in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html.

Thanks for your help! It works great now.

Hello,

Im based out of India, ive rooted my pixel 2 Pie 9.0 with magisk (twrp) and the boldbeast app is recording only my voice, under mode 13 & 14, even after installing the latest version, which in the thread says, it fixes the bug,

id really appreciate if we can find a fix for this, and also when i try to get root access via "fix recording issues", it gives the error that it wasnt rooted correctly,

but i checked with root checker & also installed titanium backup - which is working fine.

As you mentioned in the thread above, it has something to do with magisk

or can we figure a way around this for my rooted Pixel 2 Pie OS

Please
- install Boldbeast Recorder V11.7.
- click "Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Enable Auto Record Calls".
It gets root access at once.

i'm on pixel xl android 10 and facing same problems plus the app at start pops the error cannot open database, cannot restore the license to, last magisk installed, on android 9 everything was ok

i'm on pixel xl android 10 and facing same problems
=> Android 10 changed something inside, this makes the app fail to get root access. We'll publish a new version soon to fix it.
[Update] We have just released the new version Boldbeast Recorder V12.7, the problem has been fixed. Please update the app in your phone to V12.7. Google Play may need time to publish it. If at this moment the new version is unavailable in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

the app at start pops the error cannot open database
=> There are 2 possible situations:

Situation 1
Google Play Service in your phone regularly saves app settings to your Google Drive. When you reinstall an app Google Play Service will automatically restore the app settings including the database. If a very old database is restored, the app may fail to open it.

Please
- in some phones, disable the option "Settings > Google > Backup > App data > Automatic restore".
- in some phones, disable the option "Settings > Google > Backup > Back up to Google Drive".
- in some phones, disable the option "Settings > System > Backup > Back up to Google Drive".
- in some phones, the option may be in a different position, please find it and disable it.
Then
- uninstall Boldbeast Recorder.
- reinstall Boldbeast Recorder.
Now the "cannot open the database" problem should disappear.

Situation 2
Please uninstall Boldbeast Recorder. Normally the folder "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" should be deleted by Android. If the folder is still there, this indicates something wrong in the phone. In this case please use a file manager to delete the folder, then install Boldbeast Recorder again. Now the "cannot open the database" problem should disappear.

Note
Usually the built-in file manager can't see the folder "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder". The MiXplorer file manager is suggested: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showth … ?t=1523691, it can see the folder. Please install MiXplorer and grant root access to it when it asks. In MiXplore click the left-top icon, click Root, click data, click data, then delete the folder com.boldbeast.recorder.

cannot restore the license
=> Please confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.6 or a newer version. It can restore the license without any problem.

10 (edited by arnoudwokke 2019-09-06 10:46:10)

Yeah, I wanted to second this. I've got root with Magisk 19.4, got Boldbeast ST 12.6 and I cannot restore the license after uninstalling to fix a problem of not starting an older version. It says it cannot find my purchase order. If there's additional info needed to fix this, let me know :)

arnoudwokke wrote:

Yeah, I wanted to second this. I've got root with Magisk 19.4, got Boldbeast ST 12.6 and I cannot restore the license

Are you running Android 10? Please confirm you selected the right option in the "Restore License" screen. If you bought the license from Google Play paying with PayPal, please select "I bought the license from Google Play", not "I bought the license from PayPal".

boldbeast wrote:
arnoudwokke wrote:

Yeah, I wanted to second this. I've got root with Magisk 19.4, got Boldbeast ST 12.6 and I cannot restore the license

Are you running Android 10? Please confirm you selected the right option in the "Restore License" screen. If you bought the license from Google Play paying with PayPal, please select "I bought the license from Google Play", not "I bought the license from PayPal".

I tried both, and I run Android 10. If you want to look me up, I bought a license on May 19 through PayPal :)

So you bought the license from PayPal directly. When you click restore, the screen will ask you to provide the Security Code. You can click the Send link on the screen to let the server to send a Security Code to you if needed.

boldbeast wrote:

So you bought the license from PayPal directly. When you click restore, the screen will ask you to provide the Security Code. You can click the Send link on the screen to let the server to send a Security Code to you if needed.

Well, the app asks me to provide an email address associated with my PayPal account. When I type it in and hit enter, it says it cannot find my purchase order.

arnoudwokke wrote:

Well, the app asks me to provide an email address associated with my PayPal account. When I type it in and hit enter, it says it cannot find my purchase order.

The only reason is, you input a wrong email address.
I have just sent a email to you to tell you your right email address. Please receive it and input again.