I have a rooted  Moto G4 Plus running android 6.0.1  .  For some reason the recordings are occassionally 'slow' and severely distorted . The recodings are saved as MP4 .   When I use memo no problems.

Fault appears random but that could just be me not recognising when it occurs.

Records fine otherwise on bluetooth etc..

record : mode 1
tune audio group 3
change audio controls on
start input stream on
record format mp4

Any ideas would be appreciated...

You said "occassionally 'slow' and severely distorted", this indicates there is a minor bug in the ROM - sometimes the ROM can't correctly resample the audio stream.

Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem. Please change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 16000 HZ, then the problem will disappear. If the problem is still there, please also change  "Call Settings - Record Format" to WAV format, then it will be fixed.

3 (edited by milan.duric 2018-09-22 12:08:52)

boldbeast wrote:

You said "occassionally 'slow' and severely distorted", this indicates there is a minor bug in the ROM - sometimes the ROM can't correctly resample the audio stream.

Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem. Please change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 16000 HZ, then the problem will disappear. If the problem is still there, please also change  "Call Settings - Record Format" to WAV format, then it will be fixed.

Hi, i did just that and everything is fine until i turn the speaker on. Now the recording is fine when coming from earpiece, but distorted when coming from speaker. Which means that first 10 sec of my recording are fine and the other 10 distorted.

Oh, I'm on Oneplus 6 official Pie.

Now the recording is fine when coming from earpiece.
=> Glad to know it.

but distorted when coming from speaker.
=> Please try to change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 44100 or 48000 and test again.