Dear all,

I'm using Boldbeast Recorder on a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (H8324). Everything worked fine until I updated to Android 9 (Pie) about three weeks ago.

Since then, in all recorded calls (incoming and outgoing) my own voice is good - but the opponent's voice is very low. I have to max out the output volume to hear the opponent's voice, and even then it's not loud enough - ignoring the problem that my own voice is much too loud then...

Any suggestions or ideas?

My phone is not rooted.

Thanks,
Alrik

Android 9.0 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.

Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem perfectly if you root the phone. After root the phone please enable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls" option in the app, then you'll get recordings loud and clear in both sides. The option is visible only after you root the phone.

Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately, with root Boldbeast Recorder is exactly the solution.

OK, thanks. Really bad news.

Rooting a XZ2 Compact is not really a solution, as, according to xda-developers, there seem to be serious camera problems after rooting...