Hi there,

I installed Boldbeast Recorder and it worked fine. I uninstalled and re-installed and am now receiving the following error:

"Cannot open the database. Please clear all data of the app, or uninstall the app then install it again. Do NOT restore an old database backup, because some Android versions cannot open an old database."

I've tried clearing data and cache in App Settings as well as uninstalling, restarting, and re-installing, and I continue to get this error.

Additionally, when I go to enable rooted options I receive the following error:

"[-3] Cannot enable rooted options. You should root your phone first and allow Boldbeast Recorder to get the su privilege. Please google 'Root Pixel 2 XL' for more information."

The first time I installed this app, I was able to enable rooted options without a problem. Only upon reinstalling am I getting this error.

I'm running a Pixel 2 XL on Android Pie. Rooted with Magisk 17.1. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Separately, once I get this working again, what are the correct rooted settings for a Pixel 2 XL? I've found a number of other threads with the correct settings for non-rooted phones, but haven't been able to find anything on what to select once you've rooted.

Thanks

grafpaper wrote:

Cannot open the database. Additionally, cannot enable rooted options.

When you uninstall Boldbeast Recorder, Android will delete the "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" folder, this is a normal behavior of Android.

However we found in some ROMs when you uninstall Boldbeast Recorder, Android strangely keeps the "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" folder. This is abnormal of course. As a result next time you can not reinstall the app, or you can reinstall it but the app can't open the database, or it can't get root access, or some other problems.

Please
- uninstall Boldbeast Recorder.
- use a file manager to delete the "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" folder, if it is there.
- reinstall Boldbeast Recorder.
Now all problems will be gone.

grafpaper wrote:

once I get this working again, what are the correct rooted settings for a Pixel 2 XL?

Please use the Alsa settings to record calls in this page:
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic134 … order.html

So I've followed those steps and I'm still getting the error. Anything else I can try?

grafpaper wrote:

So I've followed those steps and I'm still getting the error. Anything else I can try?

Are you sure you deleted the "/data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" folder as suggested?

There's no folder /data/data on my phone. I did, however, delete Android/data/com.boldbeast.recorder

I've performed a search of the internal storage on my phone and there aren't any files or folders that contain "boldbeast"

grafpaper wrote:

There's no folder /data/data on my phone

Every android phone has the folder /data/data.
So your built-in file manager doesn't allow you to see the folder. You should use a third-party file manager, such as "ES Explorer" etc, in it you can see the folder.

boldbeast wrote:
grafpaper wrote:

There's no folder /data/data on my phone

Every android phone has the folder /data/data.
So your built-in file manager doesn't allow you to see the folder. You should use a third-party file manager, such as "ES Explorer" etc, in it you can see the folder.

That did the trick. Thank you very much!