Hi,
I recently upgraded my ancient S4 Mini to Android 9, only to find that call recording is not possible unless rooted. It worked previously when I had Marshmallow. My phone is rooted and from what I could find, the only call recording application that can use rooted parameters, is Boldbeast Call Recorder. So I installed it, tried recording a phone call, but only opponent's voice was recorded. Then I played with some settings, but since that moment, nothing at all is recorded - just an empty mp3 file (00:00 duration). I also uninstalled and reinstalled, used the option to revert all settings to default values, nothing helped, all I get is empty file. Please advise what to do.

only opponent's voice was recorded.
=> Please enable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls" option and test again.

all I get is empty file.
=> You installed another recorder that blocked Boldbeast Recorder working. Please uninstall all other recorders and disable voice assistant to fix the problem. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to do it.

Thank you for your response.
Boldbeast Call Recorder is the only recorder app that is installed. Strange thing is, that it worked on the first try but not afterwards.
When I tried other apps, they always recorded only my voice, not the opponent's. I uninstalled each before trying the next one. Search assistant is turned off as well.
I can't try whether "Change audio controls" makes a difference, unless the "empty file" problem is solved :(

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Just did it, thank you so far.

I checked your log files. Actually Boldbeast Recorder works pretty good in your phone.

2018-12-28 16:14:57  You made an outgoing call.
2018-12-28 16:15:01  You click the in-call button to start recording.
2018-12-28 16:15:06  The callee answered the call
2018-12-28 16:15:07  The recorder restarted recording because you set it to "Restart Recording Upon Answered".
2018-12-28 16:15:10  The call was hung up, then the recording was stopped.

The final recording is 3 seconds. It's too short, so the app abandoned it because you set it to do so.

If you want the app to save ring tone in recordings, therefore it will not restart recording upon the call is answered, please change following settings:

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 1
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: No

- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 1
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: No

If you want the app not to abandon short recordings, please change the "Call Settings - Abandon Short Record (seconds)" option in the app.

I did the proposed changes (despite I believe I didn't change them) and recording now works like a charm. Thank you!