1 (edited by alexanderfitu 2019-03-10 10:11:12)

Hi all

So far, I have had very good experiences with boldbeast! Love the software.

I am having an odd issue though.

Call recording works fine, no issues.

When I am on a call using a bluetooth headset, the call records fine. After 30+ minutes, my phone crashes solid. The interface looses the background screen and I am unable to lock/unlock the phone. The bluetooth headset disconnects and the phone locks up. I have to hold the power button down and reboot the phone.

Occasionally, it does not lock up solid, but I lose the status bar at the top, with the clock/signal logo etc. I can still see the call in progress but cannot cancel it in any way.

I have noticed that the phone also constantly keep waking up whilst on a call (eg if its on my desk) it will light up for 2 seconds, turn off, then turn on again for 2 seconds, repeateadly.

It does this behaviour on all recording options, but only whilst on bluetooth. If any part of the call is on bluetooth EG If I start the call on bluetooth and switch to handset, it does the same thing.

Forgot to mention, running Android 8.

Any ideas?

You said "phone crashes solid", "unable to lock/unlock the phone.", "lose the status bar at the top", "I can still see the call in progress but cannot cancel it", "constantly keep waking up whilst on a call".

Obviously the ROM has problems inside. I guess you rooted the phone and changed some files in the ROM, and that made the problem.

No its 100% stock rom, with stock bootloader, I have made no changes out of the box.

The behaviour mentioned only occurs when boldbeast is active. If I uninstall boldbeast, this behaviour does not occur.

If you uninstall Boldbeast and install another recorder, the problem will be there also for sure. You can test and confirm it yourself.

Other Moto Z2 users don't have this problem. I suggest you reset the phone to factory settings, then the problem will disappear.

I will test with another recorder.

I have done 2 factory resets on this phone (to diagnose an issue with Android Auto) and it behaves in the same way.

Do you think tasker or another background app could be causing the phone to wake repeatedly, causing a memory leak etc?>

alexanderfitu wrote:

Do you think tasker or another background app could be causing the phone to wake repeatedly, causing a memory leak etc?>

In theory all background apps could cause problems, especially when an app has more permissions.