Since my N6P is no longer getting updates since januari of this year, i flashed the "Pixel Experience" custom rom and rooted it with magisk. Enabled rooted options and everything went fine until march 29th. Then all of a sudden recording stopped and the app complains to "change alsa mode" in settings. The problem is, when i wanna do that i can't. There's only 1 option called "Alsa (root)" and that's it.

Maybe i'm missing something. I'd love to submit the parameter data but i can't see how. No attachments are allowed, no hyperlinks allowed,...

Please
- uninstall all other recorders to avoid conflict.
- disable OK Google, see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to do it.
- if needed please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder, then test again.

Now it should work. If the problem is still there, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Not using any other recorder

The OK google was the culprit (tested by making a quick dial to a person and hung up, showed up in call log). But last time i checked (and i'm by far no expert here) the N6P doesn't have the assistant always listening (even when screen on) and you need to tap the assistant icon to trigger it. At that point it uses the mic. So at the moment i fail to understand why enabling the assistant would lock out the ability to use the mic.

Does the P3XL also have that issue?

In some phones when a recorder start recording, OK Google stop working automatically so the recorder works.
In some phones when a recorder start recording, OK Google doesn't stop working automatically so the recorder fails to work. In this case you should disable OK Google to avoid it blocking the recorder.

thought it worked but initially didn't. Did some more tinkering around and got it working reliably now (i think) but for one issue. Calls aren't clear. Tried installing the magisk "call fix" module, but no availe. I've got a sample. Sounds like somebody has eaten a mic and speaking through it. There's some kind of "noise" over the output.

No idea where to send the logs and the forum doesn't allow attachments, nor hyperlinks.

Oh and you'll need to update the module in order for it to work with magisk 19 and up due to new module loader

1. Please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me.
2. Thanks for the Magisk 19 information. We'll change our module format to support it.

Update
Boldbeast Recorder V12.4 is now supporting the newest Magisk 19. Please update the app to V12.4.