Can you please guide me with a step by step tutorial on how to install (or move / set) BB Call Recorder as a system aplication ?

It seems that most of the times when I (try to) make a call the recorder asks SuperSU permission again (I see this from the toss notification from SuperSU saying it allowed root permission to BB Call Recorder). Many times until the permission is granted the phone freezes and after a couple more seconds it reboots itself (and is also getting hot and it wipes 8% battery).

I don't know why BB Call Recorder asks SuperSU permission (almost) each time when I try to make a call because I have set SuperSU to grant permission to BB Call Recorder and never ask again.

So I am thinking that if I make BB Call Recorder a system application this auto-request and grant auto-response permission will be skipped (no needed for) and therefore the phone won't freeze anymore when trying to make a call so it will not reboot itself anymore and there would be no more issues.

PS: My phone is a rooted (with SuperSU) Xperia Z5 Compact 5823 running on Android 7.1.1 stock ROM. (I don't know if it matters, but for the record, I also have installed Xposed Installer with MinMinGuard module.)

No need to make Boldbeast Recorder a system app. If the app complains it can't get root access, there must be something wrong.

Please confirm you are using the latest version of the app. Currently the latest version is V12.4. If the problem is still there, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Thank You for the quick replies, really appreciate this !!!

Yes, it is the last version (12.4) downloaded from your website (because I did read that the one from Google Play have some issues with two needed permissions so I tried to avoid any problems right from the start).

I have sent you the log files few minutes ago, thanks !!!!

Update: I believe that my problem has something to do with Xposed Framewok. Firstly I uninstalled BB Call Recorder and the problem still persisted. Then I disabled (not uninstalled, just disabled) Xposed Framework and there was no problem anymore.

Then I installed again BB Call Recorder, given root access and everything seems to be working fine.

Still, I find it quite strange the fact that before to install BB Call Recorder for the first time my phone was functioning without any issues and I also had Xposed Framework installed and enabled (alongside with Min Min Guard module). My guess is that there must be some incompatibility between Xposed Framework and BB Call Recorder. Could you please check this aspect ?

Glad to know you have found the reason of the problem.
Boldbeast Recorder didn't change any file in your ROM, so I believe the problem has nothing to do with Boldbeast. Please check other apps in your phone that may be related to this, for example Xposed modules you mentioned.

6 (edited by PlayHunter 2019-05-16 12:47:35)

boldbeast wrote:

Glad to know you have found the reason of the problem.
Boldbeast Recorder didn't change any file in your ROM, so I believe the problem has nothing to do with Boldbeast. Please check other apps in your phone that may be related to this, for example Xposed modules you mentioned.

After all, I am not sure what went wrong in the frist place ?!? Thing is, I re-enabled Xposed Framework (alongside with Min Min Guard module), so it is basically the same configuration as before the issue appeared, but now there is no issue anymore. And I also did not uninstalled or disabled any other apps and neither modified any phone settings !

My issue was strange (and have no explanation why it appeared) but I am glad that everything works great now and I can confirm that BB Call Recorder (v 12.4 from your official website: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html)is 100% compatible with Xposed Framework (v 3.1.5) and Min Min Guard (v 2.0.2) module on (rooted) Xperia Z5 Compact (v 5823) with android 7.1.1 !

Been almost 1 month since I am running without any issues at all and everything is functioning just great. Thanks for help !