I've just installed the paid version of Boldbeast on my rooted Pixel 3a XL. Of the 12 recorded calls, most are perfect. However a couple sound like they are playing back in slow motion regardless of the player used.

Is there a fix for this?

Have you rooted the phone? What settings are you using in Boldbeast Recorder?

boldbeast wrote:

Have you rooted the phone? What settings are you using in Boldbeast Recorder?

Yes, as stated, the phone is rooted. I'm using the Alsa Mode (Root). I've also flashed the included fix in the Boldbeast folder with Magisk.

Many calls record ok. Only some have the problem where the recorded speech is slow and distorted.

I've just found another issue where BoldBeast seems to bork video recording in the camera. I have no sound in recorded video after BoldBeast has been used to record a call. If I reboot the phone sound in video recordings works fine until the next time a call is recorded...then no sound until I reboot.

To be honest, I hope these issues can be fixed seeing as I paid good money for the app. Thanks.

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- File Sampling Rate: 44100
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: No

How about it?

boldbeast wrote:

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- File Sampling Rate: 44100
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: No

How about it?

Thanks. I'll test and report back.

I tested a lot since employing the fix and it seems to have rectified the problem. I've also recorded the settings you gave me for future reference. Thanks very much.

Glad to know it works.