1 (edited by dvdmerwe 2019-07-06 17:21:12)

Can't seem to find any report of anyone else having this problem but after I start the app first time it asks for all the permissions including displaying over other apps, and then it opens a black screen just with the icon at the top with Boldbeast Recorder at top and a blue horizontal line underneath.  Nothing else shows and the back button does not respond. I have to use the home button to go back to the launcher screen. If I leave it and screen goes blank, I'm back at launcher screen. Notifications shows nothing running.

I've cleared cache, uninstalled, rebooted, tried beta version,  even version from Aptoide store. I tried changing my default phone app from Truecaller to default, have uninstalled other call recorder apps.

I'm on:
Google Pixel 2 XL
Android Q Beta
Magisk Rooted

The new version of Android changed something inside. We need to change Boldbeast Recorder accordingly.
At this moment we are changing the app. Android Q will be supported soon.

boldbeast wrote:

The new version of Android changed something inside. We need to change Boldbeast Recorder accordingly.
At this moment we are changing the app. Android Q will be supported soon.

Great thanks very much I'm eagerly awaiting it as it seems this is the only app to still be working especially with root.

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V12.5, now Android Q is supported.
Google Play may need time to publish it. If at this moment the new version is unavailable in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

5 (edited by oferts 2019-07-16 09:07:55)

Hi,
downloaded 12.5 Ver and installed it on my Pixel 3 XL android Q beta 5.
when i try to open the app it's ask for permission.
when i click on Grant i got en error "You denied permission need by app"
when i open the app permission i sow that all permission is already granted, but when i try to reopen the app i got and error that the apps don't have the right permission to work and it's close.

Do in need root the phone to get App working?

Please open the "Settings > Apps" screen in your phone, click Boldbeast Recorder in it, confirm you have allowed the app to "Display over other apps".

And confirm you have not used another app like "ad remover", "ad blocker" etc to block Boldbeast getting the "Display over other apps" permission.

7 (edited by oferts 2019-07-16 15:35:36)

checked it and all are set as your request, still get an error.
its work OK on android 9 but stopped when upgrade to Q

If the app complains it can't get permissions needed, there is something in your phone blocking it to get the permissions.
Please check again.

boldbeast wrote:

If the app complains it can't get permissions needed, there is something in your phone blocking it to get the permissions.
Please check again.

I'm getting exactly the same with Android Q (latest July update) and v12.6 of the app. I've tried enabling all the permissions (clearing and retrying) turning off battery optimisation etc. It keeps prompting to allow displaying over other apps, but if I go look in the apps settings, that is already allowed.

Can't think what would be locking the app as I'm not running anti-virus.

I tested it with the new Android Q beta5 version for Emulator, it doesn't have the problem.
So I guess this is a problem in the new Android Q beta5 version for Pixel 2 XL. Hope Google will fix it in the next Android Q release.

UPDATE
Actually the new Android Q beta5 version for Pixel 2 XL doesn't have the problem. See the post #12 below.

Hi,
I downloaded the Ver 12.6 and installed it.
Now the app is open successfully and automatically recorded.
The problem is the reordered file is empty (Can't hear anything)

oferts wrote:

Hi,
I downloaded the Ver 12.6 and installed it.
Now the app is open successfully and automatically recorded.
The problem is the reordered file is empty (Can't hear anything)

So the problem dvdmerwe said is not a real problem. The new Android Q beta5 version for Pixel 2 XL actually can process permissions correctly. Thanks for your information.

As to the problem "it's silent when play back recordings", you should root the phone to fix the problem. After root the phone please enable the option "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls" in Boldbeast, then you'll get clear call recordings. The option is visible only after you root the phone.

It was a real problem. But I noticed a week later the app started fine (after another fresh install and accepting permissions) so something updated on the Android side. At first, it was silent on all recording modes but I now have a fuzzy recording that I can just make out with root not working, but I'll open a new thread for that as it is not related any more to this blank screen one.