Boldbeast Recorder 12.7 Pro
Android 6.0.1
Phone model Cat S60

After the latest update from version 12.6 to 12.7 via Google Play Store, the Boldbeast app can't be launched anymore.

Clicking the Boldbeast Recorder icon is openning the app normally as expected, but then it crash after 1 second.

While it's open, only the "Boldbeast Recorder" header is displayed before crashing. Everything else is blank. No record button widget, or "Call List " menu.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app again, setting the appropriate permissions, cleaning app data and cache, rebooting the phone. The problem persists.

Boldbeast Recorder version 12.6 was working correctly for recording calls with no problem.

I could not find an option in Google Play Store to downgrade back to version 12.6, which would let me keep recording calls in the meantime until next update that will hopefully fix this crash.

Google Play asks developers to publish apps in a new format - the "bundle" format, then Google Play itself will generate the apk file from the bundle. The apk file a user downloads will be smaller, it's different from device to device. Google Play will deal with possible problems.

Boldbeast Recorder V12.6 is in the traditional apk format in Google Play and in our website.
Boldbeast Recorder V12.7 is in the new bundle format in Google Play, but still in the traditional apk format in our website.

So far the new bundle format in Google Play works good.
However if the app crashes in your phone, the reason is, Google Play didn't identify your device specification correctly, therefore it sent wrong apk files to your device to install. In this case please install the app from our website https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html, the problem will disappear at once.

Same problem, but V12.7 crashes even installing from website

¿Where can I get V.12.6? I can not see it neither website nor play store.

Thanks

hdelam wrote:

It's impossible.
The only reason is, you didn't install the app from our website successfully. Please try again, and confirm you have installed it correctly.

boldbeast wrote:
hdelam wrote:

It's impossible.
The only reason is, you didn't install the app from our website successfully. Please try again, and confirm you have installed it correctly.

Boldbeast is correct.

I ran into the same problem: I have a CAT S60, Android 6.0.1.,  Recorder crashed after a second.

I did what boldbeast said (installing from the website).

It works now.

This message is for anyone googling for a solution and finding this page (as me), and also to give praise to Boldbeast for excellent support.