1 (edited by erkme73 2019-07-06 02:27:46)

I have purchased my Boldbeast and transferred it between every phone upgrade over the last few years.  It has worked wonderfully on both rooted and non-rooted phones.

Last week I moved to the latest Motorola Z4 release.  Unfortunately, it's a Verizon branded phone and can therefore not be rooted (bootloader is locked).   Thus, my options are limited.

Is there any workaround for this model phone to allow true recording of the other party without the speakerphone workaround?  I've tried modes 1, 4, and 5, and they all sound the same... very faint, barely audible caller.

Without root I'm afraid there is no solution in the whole market unfortunately.

boldbeast wrote:

Without root I'm afraid there is no solution in the whole market unfortunately.

Here's a stumper... I ordered two z4 phones within days of each other.  Both identical, carrier-locked Verizon branded (root is not possible)

One will not record audio of other person. The other works perfectly with default settings. I have verified that the settings are identical on both.

Is there any conceivable reason why one works and the other doesn't?

Actually, I just noticed that the working phone is running 12.8 GP, and the one that isn't, is running 12.6.  from play store both show they are current.

4 (edited by erkme73 2019-12-06 23:59:37)

Alright, after updating to the site apk (12.8) the recording feature works perfectly.... Wohoo...

However Bluetooth does not seem to record the caller.   Is there a fix/setting that might work for that?

erkme73 wrote:

Alright, after updating to the site apk (12.8) the recording feature works perfectly.... Wohoo...
However Bluetooth does not seem to record the caller.   Is there a fix/setting that might work for that?

Glad to know it works.
If you root the phone Boldbeast Recorder can fix the bluetooth problem at once. If you don't root the phone there is no solution for sure.

Well, it works great (sans bluetooth), and I can clearly hear the other caller on the recording.  However, the local audio recording is about 3x louder than the caller.  Is there any way to turn down the gain on the local microphone?

I realize that being rooted is the best solution, but unfortunately no one has been able to root a verizon-branded phone.  The bootloader is uniquely locked down and precludes any rooting.

If you root the phone, Boldbeast Recorder has more powerful options available. If you can't root the phone, I'm afraid there is no good solution in the market unfortunately.