1 (edited by Steve056 2019-12-27 07:55:21)

What exactly do I need to do to get this program going again, its all over the place now with the Android 10 update.
I enable call screening it wont record with mode 12, I switch to alsa everything is in-audible. This program has not successfully recorded a phone call in 3 months because of weird bugs.

I am on 12.9 now, PRO LICENSE.
Please make a guide for  [PIXEL 3, USA, ROOTED, ANDROID 10] and show every setting that needs to be adjusted and not send us back to a sticky from last year when the phone was on Android 9.

Now that you have rooted your Pixel 3 Android 10, please install Boldbeast Recorder V12.9, and

1) Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen. Then in Boldbeast Recorder use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes

2) If you don't want to Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" to enable the Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service, in Boldbeast Recorder please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- File Sampling Rate: Auto
- Alsa Device: Device0
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto
Because of using the Alsa record engine, you should disable OK Google, otherwise the app fails to record calls because of conflicts. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable OK Google.

boldbeast wrote:

Now that you have rooted your Pixel 3 Android 10, please install Boldbeast Recorder V12.9, and

1) Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen. Then in Boldbeast Recorder use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

2) If you don't want to Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" to enable the Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service, in Boldbeast Recorder please use these settings to record calls:
Because of using the Alsa record engine, you should disable OK Google, otherwise the app fails to record calls because of conflicts. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable OK Google.

First Option, recorded call is garbled. -Does not work.
Second option, works only if call screening is not used during the call.
If call screening is used during the call, "recording failed please change Alsa device in settings"

Is this because OK google is enabled? On android 9," OK google", "call screening", and call recording with boldbeast all worked together with 0 issues.

First Option, recorded call is garbled.
=> Please
- Tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in Boldbeast, it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Reboot the phone.
Now the problem should have been fixed.

Second option, works only if call screening is not used during the call.
=> Please change following settings in the app:
Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: No
Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Answered State Delay (Seconds): 3
Now the problem should have been fixed, and call screening can also be used.

After magisk module is installed, "call screening" is gone when the phone is called.
The entire cycle of not working starts all over.

How do we get rooted Pixel 3/magisk WITH MAGISK MODULE INSTALLED on Android 10 to record calls with bolbeast and still have call screen function.
At this point it seems call screening does not work/record.

If you would like me to beta test the problem just let me know what to do. Tell me exact settings and I will post exact results.
Thanks.

These settings record calls good, and call screening works.

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: No
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Answered State Delay (Seconds): 3

boldbeast wrote:

First Option, recorded call is garbled.
=> Please
- Tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in Boldbeast, it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Reboot the phone.
Now the problem should have been fixed.

In my case (Poco X3 Pro, ArrowOS 05/07/2021, Boldbeast Call Recorder for Android (paid)) the solution to eliminate the garbled audio was found in XDA-Developers (link not permitted). I had just installed BB CR when i saw the menu point about installing the VoIP Recorder alongside, which I did. Then the horribly garbled sound started immediately. - It seems that BB CR cannot be installed in conjunction with the CallRecordingFix Magisk module. After removing it with Magisk, BB CR now works well and the audio is indeed crystal clear.

advolex wrote:

In my case (Poco X3 Pro, ArrowOS 05/07/2021, Boldbeast Call Recorder for Android (paid)) the solution to eliminate the garbled audio was found in XDA-Developers (link not permitted). I had just installed BB CR when i saw the menu point about installing the VoIP Recorder alongside, which I did. Then the horribly garbled sound started immediately. - It seems that BB CR cannot be installed in conjunction with the CallRecordingFix Magisk module. After removing it with Magisk, BB CR now works well and the audio is indeed crystal clear.

We found some phones have something different in the file "/vendor/lib/hw/audio.primary.xxxx.so" inside the ROM, and that made the problem.

Please
- Uninstall the CallRecordingFix module, then use the "Alsa2" mode to record calls. Or
- Install the new version of the CallRecordingFix module.
Any one of them can fix the "garbled audio" problem at once, and recordings will be crystal clear.