I have a Samsung note 9 (SM-N960U) not rooted (free) version 12.9 , it seems to be recording calls just fine as long as I'm holding the phone to my head. I drive for work so I use a bluetooth headset a lot, is there a way for Boldbeast app to record the callS while using the bluetooth headset?

Your phone has bugs in the ROM related to bluetooth.
If you don't root the phone, there is no solution in the market for sure.
If you oot the phone, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it at once. Just enable the option "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls" in the recorder, you'll get perfect recordings via bluetooth. The option is visible only after your phone is rooted.

Ive been thinking about buying a newer phone, is there anything that I can buy that I wouldn't need to root the phone?

pvalentine636 wrote:

Ive been thinking about buying a newer phone, is there anything that I can buy that I wouldn't need to root the phone?

Manufactures enable / disable the call recording feature by market areas, as a result a specific phone may record calls well in a country so no root needed, but bad in another country so root is needed to fix it.

And many phones have bugs in the ROM related to bluetooth, so even if the call recording feature is enabled in your area you may still not be able to record calls via bluetooth headset.