If you are using a Huawei Android 10 phone, you must have noticed that a ordinary call recorder can't record calls. This is because Google added a new limit into Android 10 and newer versions to block the call recording feature. The good news is Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the limit.
Please confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder, and:
1. On the app tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen. If the checkbox becomes checked, this indicates you have already enabled the accessibility service.
2. On the app tap "Set Default Settings".
Now you can record calls.
3. If the recorder still can not record calls, or can record calls but they are totally silent, please:
- Enable the option "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect" and test again.
- Now if recordings are good, that's OK. Otherwise please also change "Call Settings - Record Mode" to Mode 14 and test again.
- Now if recordings are good, that's OK. Otherwise please also change "Call Settings - Record Mode" to Mode 11 and test again.
- Now if recordings are good, that's OK. Otherwise please also change "Call Settings - Record Mode" to Mode 1 and test again.
In some market areas Huawei (not Google) added more limits in their phones to block the call recording feature, as a result you'll find your voice is good but the voice of your friend is weak in recordings. In this case please:
- Switch on the loud speaker during calls, so that Boldbeast Recorder can record both your voice and the voice of your friend. Or
- Root the phone, then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it without switching on the speaker. Without root there is no solution on the market unfortunately.
Some Huawei phones have bugs in the ROM related to bluetooth headset. When you record calls via bluetooth your voice or the voice of your friend is weak or silent in recordings. Some phones have bugs related to wired headset. In this case you have to wait Huawei to fix it in future ROM updates. There is no solution from third-parties.
When the app starts recording,
- Some phones will display the message "Phone Service is currently recording audio, Boldbeast Recorder can't record the call".
- Some phones will display the message "Phone Service is running, Boldbeast Recorder can't record the call".
- Some phones will display the message "Boldbeast Recorder can't use the microphone".
- Some phones will display a similar message.
Please note, this message is not displayed by Boldbeast Recorder, instead it is displayed by your phone. By displaying this message Huawei wants to tell you that "Google has limited the call recording feature so the recorder can't record the call". But actually Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the limit and can record the call, so the message is useless and confusing. Maybe you can disable the message by changing settings somewhere in your phone. Or you can just ignore the message.