1 (edited by jobbo 2021-04-12 19:35:10)

I initially installed Boldbeast from Google Play. Then I bought the Pro version and installed it from this site.  It created a directory called:

storage/emulated/0/com.boldbeast.recorder

However all my other Android apps are in this directory:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data

Does the use of a non-standard directory matter?  Is the a way to reinstall Boldbeast to be within standard Android data directory?

I am using Android 10 on a Moto G7.

If an app saves data in the folder "storage/emulated/0/Android/data/...", when the app is uninstalled all your data will be deleted at once by Android. If you have thousands of call recordings saved there, this is a disaster.

If an app saves data in a folder other than "storage/emulated/0/Android/data/...", when the app is uninstalled all your data will still be there.

You can tap "App Settings - Clip Saving Folder" to choose any folder you like to save your recordings. However if you decide to use the folder "storage/emulated/0/Android/data/...", please remember to back up your recordings before uninstalling the app.

Thank you for your reply.

I am not referring to the audio recordings folder.

On my phone Boldbeast installed itself into "storage/emulated/0/com.boldbeast.recorder".  There are three subdirectories called "log", "rec" and "tmp".

All my other apps have these program parts in the "storage/emulated/0/Android/data folder".

Did I screw up my installation of the Boldbeast APK?

Boldbeast Recorder uses the folder "storage/emulated/0/com.boldbeast.recorder" to save log files on Android 10 and older versions. It will use the folder "data/data/com.boldbeast.recorder" on Android 11 and newer versions.