I like Boldbeast a lot. I am currently using it on a Samsung Note 9 with Android 8.1 on it. I had it on an older one that updated to Android 9 and it broke call recording. So, I got a new Note 9 and forced it to NOT update the OS.

Now, I want to know what is the best choice for a new phone that Boldbeast will work on.

I also have a OnePlus 7 with Android 10 on it. I did not try it on this phone yet.

And a Google Pixel 4XL with LineageOS 17.1 on it. I just tried Boldbeast 14.7 on this one and it can not record the callers side of the conversation.

Any ideas?

Android 11 and 10 phones are complicated. Usually a phone works well in a country but bad in another country, because manufacturers enable or disable the call recording feature by market areas. To make things worse, a phone may work well at first but bad after updating the system, or vice versa. There are more than 10000 Android phones on the market, so it's hard to track which phone with which system version works well in which country.

For this reason I don't know what phone works well in your area, sorry. Please see [009] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to use suggested settings to record calls. If it works, that's OK. If it doesn't work, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it if you root the phone.

Google Pixel 4XL with LineageOS 17.1 please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: Alsa2
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes

Now it should work.