I am getting an error message when playing back random calls. Some play back normally and some not at all. The error I get is:

Play back error. [setDataSourceFD failed.: status=0x80000000] (13)

Any idea why it's doing this and how I can fix it?

Im using the pro version 14.7 on android 11 Samsung Note 21 ultra

Thank you.

Boldbeast Recorder uses the Android built-in MediaPlayer to play back recordings.

It seems MediaPlayer has problems on some phones. For example it may play back wav, mp3, mp4, amr etc correctly but fail to play back aac files. Only the manufacturer can fix the problems in future ROM updates.

At this moment on the Call List screen please tap "Use External Player" to use another player (for example VLC player) to play back the recordings. If needed please use another audio format (for example the mp3 format ) to record new recordings.

I got a similar error when playing back 1 call. Many other calls before have worked fine, the last one on 7/21/21. Today, 7/29, I got the play back error. Mine was ... =0x1](140). When I tried to rename it, I also got an error "Cannot rename the recorded file." I tried opening it & playing on Podcast Addict & Rocket music, but it didn't work.
All call files are mp3. I'm on Galaxy S10e, Android 11.
I can send screenshots; can't attach here.

martha_bun wrote:

... I also got an error "Cannot rename the recorded file."

Your problem is different. The file you are trying to play back is not there.

Three possible reasons:

Reason 1
You didn't tell Boldbeast the right folder in which your recordings were saved.
Please click the "App Settings > Clip Saving Folder" option in the app, choose the folder in which your recordings were saved, then you can play back them in the Call List screen inside Boldbeast. If you are running Android 11 up, you should first change "App Settings > Clip Saving Drive" to SAF (Storage Access Framework).

Reason 2
You previously changed the folder, as a result some recordings were in the old folder some recordings were in the new folder. In this case please open the Call List screen in the app, click Move Files to move all recordings from the old folder into the new folder.
Now all recordings are in the new folder, you can play back them in the Call List screen inside Boldbeast.

Reason 3
You have deleted your recordings using a file manager out of Boldbeast, so the sound files were gone but file entries are still displayed. In this case please open the Call List screen in the app, click Rebuild List to delete the entries, so that they will no longer be displayed.

Thanks. I changed recording to SAF. Then put the folder as com.boldbeast. recorder/rec & did rebuild list. The latest few still won't play.  The text & mp3 files are in that folder, but I get the play back error.