1 (edited by kamhighway 2015-08-06 17:53:13)

I've tried all of the non-root recording modes and none of them work for both sides of a bluetooth conversation.  Would like to try the root modes.

I have successfully installed TWRP and used it to install SuperSU.  Root checker reports that the phone is successfully rooted.  However, all of the recording modes that require root are still greyed out. 

What am I not understanding?

Please click the "Enable Rooted Options" in the app, if needed enable the "Change Audio Driver" option, then test again.

3 (edited by kamhighway 2015-08-10 16:47:53)

That did it.  I thought I'd checked all of the settings before posting, but I missed that one.  Now trying the rooted selections on a bluetooth connection. Thanks for pointing this out.

2nd question:

In the description of the product this bullet point appears;  Send clips via MMS, Email, Bluetooth, WifiDirect, Dropbox etc.

How does one configure this?

Please open the Call List screen in the app,

- click the icon on the top-right corner to switch to the Multiple Selection mode.
- select one or more calls in the list.
- click the Share button.

Now you'll see a new screen displayed, on the screen you can select how to send clips, for example via MMS, Email, Bluetooth, WifiDirect, Dropbox etc. It's different from phone to phone, some phones only have the Bluetooth option, some phones have more than 20 options.

For example,
If your phone don't have the Dropbox option, please install the Dropbox app then it will be available.
If your phone don't have the Google Drive option, please install the Google Drive app then it will be available.
If your phone don't have the Microsoft OneDrive option, please install the OneDrive app then it will be available.

Is there a setting to send all clips automatically via MMS, Email, Bluetooth, WifiDirect, Dropbox etc?

Boldbeast works well recording both sides of the conversation when I use speak into the phone.  However, when using a bluetooth connection it records only the other side of the conversation.  I have tried all of the non-root and root options. I thought I would ask if there are any other settings I can try before reaching the conclusion that Boldbeast does not work on the Samsung Galaxy Light?

Is there a setting to send all clips automatically via MMS, Email, Bluetooth, WifiDirect, Dropbox etc?
=> No, there isn't the "Auto Send" feature.

When using a bluetooth connection it records only the other side of the conversation.
=> For your Galaxy Light SGH-T399 phone, there is no recorder in the market that works for bletooth recording. Why? because the wm1811 audio chip your phone used doesn't support it. So your phone has no solution in the world, even if you root the phone, update the ROM to Samsung future versions, update the ROM to third-party customized versions - no solution.

boldbeast wrote:

=> No, there isn't the "Auto Send" feature.

When using a bluetooth connection it records only the other side of the conversation.
=> For your Galaxy Light SGH-T399 phone, there is no recorder in the market that works for bletooth recording. Why? because the wm1811 audio chip your phone used doesn't support it. So your phone has no solution in the world, even if you root the phone, update the ROM to Samsung future versions, update the ROM to third-party customized versions - no solution.

Thank you for this answer. It's not what I wanted to hear, but at least it is definitive. No sense in putting any more effort into it.