I purchased this phone new in the USA from Best Buy with At&T service.  I've been using Boldbeast Pro since January '15 but in May '15 I had to uninstall it.  I'm just now getting around to dealing with the issue, which I'm still having again now, only that I've reinstalled the software. 

Sometimes, I'd say around 25% of the time, when someone calls me, I can not hear them.  They can always hear me saying "hello", but I can not hear them.  So they call back, and as far as I can tell 100% of the time I can hear them the second time they call.  When this happens I ask if they could hear me saying "hello", when they just called, and they always say yes. 

So I really like the recorder and would any help anyone or our admin could give me to address the problem.

All my call settings are default. 

Thank you!

Please use default settings to record calls. In addition please try to change following options:

Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 100
Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: No

Does it have any difference?

Thank you for the reply admin.  I reset my default settings and then made the changes you recommended.  I'll update my results in a few days.

Thank you!

After making the recommended changes I am still having the same issues.  Sometimes when I answer a call, I can not hear the other person.  And sometimes when I make an outgoing call, I can not hear anything at all either.  The recorder will show that it is recording and the phone shows it is on a phone call but I can not hear anything.  After hanging up and dialing the number again, I will get the other person and they will confirm that they could hear me (I could not hear them).

I don't use my phone a lot (lately) otherwise I would have already uninstalled again. 

I'd like to give it one more try to find a fix for this issue before giving up.  Hopefully you can post another attempt to resolve the issue over the next week or so.

I appreciate the moderator's earlier response. I like the product a lot.  It's very useful.  I know it's not easy to make a call recorder that works on every phone.

Thank you.

Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

Ok, I just sent the file to you via the app.  Still this morning on 9/3/15 I made one phone call and had to hang up and call again b/c I could not hear the the other person's phone ringing nor their voice when they picked up. This is 1/2 the problem and the other half is I answer incoming calls and can not hear the other party but they can hear me.  Upon hanging up, they call me again or I call them and we can then hear each other.

To recap, I uninstalled the app for about a month and all the issues ceased immediately.  After reinstalling the app a month ago or so, I am having the issues again.

Thank you very much for your time spent working on this issue.  I'm ready to uninstall the app permanently and try and find another app or I may just wind up buying a new phone (or a used one) that will work with your app.  I'll wait first and check back next week to see if you have found a resolution for me.

Thank you again,

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V8.0, a new option "Tune Audio Effect" was added in the app.
Please install V8.0, use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4
- Record Format: AMR
- Tune Audio Effect:  Yes
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: Test None and Group1
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

Does it work well?

Update: I installed 8.0 yesterday, but the problem persists (still both incoming and outgoing).  Just now I sat down and changed the Tune Samsung 3 to none or "disabled" as I see the option.  I'll report back in a couple of days to see if this has fixed the issue.

Thank you again for your time!  You guys have been great with the support!

Update: problem solved! 

I have to mention the response from Boldbeast, on this forum and via email where they kindly followed up with me to check status of my issue, has been great.  Great service is hard to find, so I really appreciate it.  Thank you.

Unbeknownst to me, my phone was not automatically updating to the latest os.  I was still on android version 4. something.  I discovered this while browsing through a best buy (where I bought the phone) and inquiring about upgrading, which I did not do. 

The Samsung tech rep noticed the issue and upgraded my phone to android version 5.0.1.  I've been using the phone for a couple of weeks since then with no problems at all (under default settings on boldbeast). So this must have fixed the issue.

My issues are resolved at this time, I'm using the app, and am very happy with it.

Thank you,

Glad to know it works.

Look here also: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Call Recorder