Hi,

Thank you for creating such an excellent program which seems to work without a hitch on most phones!

I have been using this for a few weeks and have noticed an odd behavior. When I access the folder via MTP / file transfer method, and access the BBRec folder, not all the sound files are present. The recent-most, maybe the last ~5 days worth of calls are NOT visible.

They are accessible via the Android app interface and I can play it back fine on the device. I need to test this more, but at the moment, only the recent-most 33 are accessible from the device. The 34th is not (which was about 5 days back). I have to wait for a few days (for more calls to be generated) for these "old" ones to become visible in the folder view and move-able to my computer. (I move the files visible to my system).

I am using a OnePlus Two A2003.

Thanks!
Sid

When I access the folder via MTP / file transfer method, the recent-most, maybe the last ~5 days worth of calls are NOT visible.
=> I guess this is related to the phone itself (related to MTP).

They are accessible via the Android app interface and I can play it back fine on the device.
=> One more evidence to support the guess above.

I need to test this more, but at the moment, only the recent-most 33 are accessible from the device. The 34th is not (which was about 5 days back)
=> Please check if this is the same problem as http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic109 … lder.html.

Hi,

Thanks for replying!

1. It may not be a MTP issue as I use other programs which generate lots of files, but those files are accessible from the MTP folder view.

2. Today, when I cleared out all the visible files, the recent-most 4 files were accessible via the app interface, which were roughly in the last 8 hour window.

Thanks,
Sid

You said "the recent-most 4 files were accessible via the app interface", are they accessible via MTP?

bbuser15 wrote:

2. Today, when I cleared out all the visible files, the recent-most 4 files were accessible via the app interface, which were roughly in the last 8 hour window.

boldbeast wrote:

You said "the recent-most 4 files were accessible via the app interface", are they accessible via MTP?

Sorry for not being clearer. No, they were not accessible via MTP. If I move all the files visible via MTP, and then access the app, a certain number of files are only accessible via the app. I'm trying to decipher it's patterns.

Today, the last 32 were visible ONLY in the app (not in MTP), the last accessible one being 3 days in the past.

Odd behavior, interesting puzzle - seems inconsistent...! :)

Figured out a workaround and possible cause.

If I restart my phone and then all files, including the recent-most ones are accessible in the file/folder view. I think because BB is holding onto / keeping an active connection to all those files that were created in that "session" of BB (after the phone was restarted), I'm not able to access them.

Boldbeast Recorder doesn't hold a seesion to prevent other apps like file manager etc to visit recorded files.

According to your description, Boldbeast Recorder can always visit all files. MTP sometimes can visit all files, sometimes can only visit part of files.
It's obvious MTP works unstable.