1 (edited by bbuser15 2015-11-03 15:30:16)

I have been using BB for a month or so, without too many issues, but for the first time, BB did not work properly on my OnePlus Two phone. Almost 3 days of call recordings were lost (not recorded at all). They are listed / visible within the app interface, but clicking on them does not play them. After rebooting, so that the cache / file lock can clear, the files were not visible within the MTP file/folder view either.

I just dont know what to do now... Is there some temporary space where I can retrieve these from? This is quite a setback.

Boldbeast Recorder uses a database to save information of recorded calls, this makes searching operation very fast even if you have more than 10000 saved calls.

For example you recorded 1000 calls.
You can use a file manager to see 1000 sound files in the saving folder.
In the database it has 1000 rows to save related sound file names, date, time, duration, incoming/outgoing types etc. You can see 1000 calls in the Call List screen inside the app.

In the Call List screen if you delete 10 calls, the app will delete 10 rows from the database, and delete 10 sound files from the saving folder, it's OK.

If you use a file manager to delete 10 sound files in the saving folder, the result is - you'll see 990 sound files in the saving folder but 1000 calls in the Call List screen. When you click a deleted call in the Call List screen it fails to play back of course. So you should avoid delete files by a file manager, instead please delete files in the Call List screen.

Now let us see your problem.

Boldbeast Call Recorder unexpectedly stopped working
=> No. Indeed the app works perfectly.

They are listed / visible within the app interface, but clicking on them does not play them
=> This indicates all calls were recorded and saved correctly, but you had deleted these 3 days files by a file manager, or by other apps.

the files were not visible within the MTP file/folder view either
=> This is obvious.

Is there some temporary space where I can retrieve these from?
=> All recorded files are saved in the saving folder, no "temporary space".

Hi, I post here because it is the only place I found a discussion of how BoldBeast records the audio. I have over 2000 calls that I have recorded with Boldbeast over the last year. Up until May 22nd the recordings where uploading whenever I was on wifi. Uploading to Google Drive. So I had a span of a year plus of calls. Say 4 per day for example. The fact that their createdate was the date of the recording is vital. I don't know why it stopped working May 22.

I have an application that needs the filedate to be the date of the call for it to work correctly. I went to settings to do an "initial sync" and it overwrote all the recordings I had prior to May 22. I thought I had set it correctly, screenshot attached. So now I am a tough spot.

It seems BoldBeast, as detailed above, is using a database to store the calls and when exporting the "creation date" is the export date of the file? The application that needs the date is getting the date from the filesystem and there is a bit of a mess now.
Is there any way I can have the creation date be the date the file was created? Then could do a resynch?
Apologies if this is not clear.

When you upload a file to a cloud drive, download a file from a cloud drive, copy or move a file in the phone or in the cloud, rename a file in the phone or in the cloud - all these operations may change the file time by the file system in which the file is saved, NOT changed by Boldbeast.

When a new recording is created Boldbeast specially saves the current time in the file name, Boldbeast uses the time extracted from the file name, not use the time provided by the file system. This way Boldbeast can always get the right time, no matter where the file is saved.

For example the file "AABBCC_112233_2018-07-07 12.25.50_O_N360.mp3",
- Boldbeast uses the time "2018-07-07 12.25.50" which is a part of the file name, so it's 100% reliable.
- Boldbeast doesn't use the time provided by the file system, which may be changed by the file system.
- Other apps use the time provided by the file system, so it's not reliable.

When Boldbeast compares files in the phone with files in the cloud it uses the time in the file name to uniquely identify a file, therefore it never upload a file twice into the cloud. So please don't change the time in the file name, otherwise it will no longer know the file is actually the same file.