boldbeast wrote:

MP4 is OK, no side effects.

Ehm.. Sorry for the off-topic. MP4 is OK but.. I need to rename (in mp3) every time to share with whatsapp.. I hope you'll allow, in future, to change extension string in settings (mp3 instead of mp4).

MP4 is supported by almost all phones, most phones in the market use the hardware to compress the data stream so it works smoothly and perfectly.

MP3 is unsupported by all Android phones (all phones can only play back MP3 files but can't record MP3 files). Some recorder apps use a software encoder to compress the data stream to MP3 format, they will occupy more resources and will work not so smooth comparing to MP4. It's not just change the name, it needs a new encoder.

Some time ago users complain about "can't share recorded files with Whatsapp" because of a bug in Whatsapp, later it seems the bug has been fixed in newer Whatsapp because users no longer complain. Please update Whatsapp in your phone to the latest version and test again.

I have the pro version on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Please advice me how to set it in order not to record the incoming calls ringtone .
Its not a problem but is annoying
Many years ago the Symbian edition did not has such an issue .
Many thanks in advance

petpapgr wrote:

Please advice me how to set it in order not to record the incoming calls ringtone.

Change following settings in Boldbeast Recorder:
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 100
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

With Nougat approaching should Boldbeast installation be postponed?

pennipistle wrote:

With Nougat approaching should Boldbeast installation be postponed?

Nougat works great, just install Boldbeast Recorder, it works at once.
If needed please click "Set Default Settings" in the app.

Just installed this app and so far quite happy with one exception, I'm having trouble accessing the default folder for storing phonen recordings    sdcard/com.boldbeast.recorder/rec
When I look for this file on my phone I can't find it. I can find sdcard/android/data/com.boldbeast.recorder/files but there is nothing in the folder
Also, it only allows me to add new folders within this file so I can't save files to a new folder that I might be able to find.

If you can't see the folder with the built-in file manager in your phone, please install a third-party file manager like "ES File Explorer" etc, then you can see the folder with the new file manager.

34 (edited by mcdivit 2017-01-26 23:54:52)

Recorder worked fine until a few days ago. Galaxy S7. (it was on Mode 1 it when worked)
Verizon
Have updated to most recent version, no good.
After call starts, boldbeast pops up, says it is recording, two seconds later an error pops up and says it cannot record, please change record mode.
Have verified all settings, and have tried modes  1 and 5, have Samsung 1 & 2 Tune selected.
Recent new apps installed:
Samsung Gear
Oculus VR
WiFi Speed Test
Ping Test
B4UFly

The only reason is, there is another recorder working in your phone that blocked Boldbeast, please remove it then Boldbeast works at once.

My S7 just updated to Androud Nougat. Boldbeast does not record anymore.

I tried all the record modes and none of them worked. The record button was red for 2-5 seconds and the automatically stopped. No sound was recorded.

Anyone else have this issue?

Most possibly, "OK Google" or "Google Now" blocks recorders working. Please disable "OK Google" / "Google Now" and test again.
If needed please click the "Settings > Set Default Settings" item in Boldbeast Recorder.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge but boldbeast  wont record my calls. A message pops up and says that voip calls cannot be recorded but I am only trying to record a normal call. I've tried everything and every mode but none work.

Most possibly, you are making a "call via wifi". You think the call is a normal call but actually the ROM tells the recorder it's a voip call.

Some phones treat a "call via wifi" as a normal call so it can be recorded, some phones treat it as a voip call so it can't be recorded - it's determined by the ROM.

Voip calls can't be recorded, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. This is limited by Android Audio System, no solution so far, even if you root the phone.

When I restore the data for the bold beast application from my titanium backup, auto record feature stops working.

I need to restore this data in order to have access to my previous recordings.

sachavieuxroy wrote:

When I restore the data for the bold beast application from my titanium backup, auto record feature stops working.
I need to restore this data in order to have access to my previous recordings.

Please check following options in Boldbeast Recorder:
Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Enable Auto Record Calls
Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Rule to Auto Record Calls

42 (edited by Roomianfar 2017-08-27 06:08:06)

boldbeast wrote:

Most possibly, "OK Google" or "Google Now" blocks recorders working. Please disable "OK Google" / "Google Now" and test again.
If needed please click the "Settings > Set Default Settings" item in Boldbeast Recorder.

How to do it? I cannot  find  any setting to disable it in android 7 on S7.

Please see the [001] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable OK Google.

44 (edited by Tonyss 2017-09-29 06:45:17)

I make a postyesterday but I can't see it.. I request help about my s7 edge app I buy the boldbeast before some months.. also I buy a nokia boldbeast before 5 years.

Galaxy S7 GM-G930FD (no root)

call recorder works fine with recommended settings, nice job!

However, I cannot purchase full version! When I open "About" page and click "Buy Now" button, I get message "IMEI is incorrect" ("IMEI не соответсвует"- russian).
On the bottom of About page, it says
Your phone IMEI - 000000000000000

I am happy to pay $10 for your software but I can't, please help! )

alexcc wrote:

it says
Your phone IMEI - 000000000000000

You revoked permissions of the app, therefore the app can't get the IMEI.
Please grant permissions needed to the app, then it works at once.

47 (edited by Cindy62707 2018-01-06 20:29:40)

I have Boldbeast set to manually record.  But when I hit the record button, it starts recording and then stops in about 5 seconds.  I don't record calls very often so I don't know when this problem started.   

*edit...it also shuts off in 5 seconds when recording a memo (room conversation).  I used that option just fine a couple of weeks ago for a long conversation so this problem just started with the update to Boldbeast that I just allowed today.

Also, I went back to look at a recording I did last year and it only recorded my side of the converstion (I use a Bluetooth headset).

How do I fix these 2 problems?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.   I have the settings that you posted in this section but the is not working.

When I hit the record button, it starts recording and then stops in about 5 seconds.
=> Please see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

Also, I went back to look at a recording I did last year and it only recorded my side of the converstion (I use a Bluetooth headset).
=> Most possibly you recorded this call with wrong settings. Otherwise I don't know what would have made the problem.

quote=boldbeast]When I hit the record button, it starts recording and then stops in about 5 seconds.
=> Please see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

001 only applies to calls and this was happening with calls and with voice memos. And it only refers to calls not be recorded at all...nothing about pressing record and it only records for a few seconds and stops on its own.  However, I did go ahead and go through the step there but nothing applies.
**There is another recorder working in your phone that blocks Boldbeast.** = I do not have or use any other recorder
**You are using a "voice assistant" app, the app is occupying the microphone,** = I do not use any voice assisant app
**You revoked permissions needed by Boldbeast, this made the app crashing or working abnormally.** = I have not revoked any permission for Boldbeast
**If you "Force Stop" Boldbeast in the built-in "Settings > Apps" screen** = I have never Force Stopped Boldbeast
**You are using wrong settings in Boldbeast to record calls. Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast and test again.** I tried that but it did not change anything
**If you didn't enable the "Auto Record Calls" feature, during a call you should click the in-call button to manually start recording otherwise the call will not be recorded.** = I have it set to manually record and I don't click to start recording until the other person answers the call and is talking
**If you enabled the "Auto Record Calls" feature,** = I have it set to Manually record only

The only way I could find to fix it was to redownload the app and start fresh.  That seemed to fix the 5 second record problem in case anyone else is having this problem.  Now on to a new post for another problem with it to keep problems separate.

I have Boldbeast set to save Clips to Primary SD Card at the folder /sdcard/com.boldbeast.recorder/rec  however recordings are being saved to the Internal Storage at My Files> Internal Storage > com.boldbeast.recorder > rec

How do I get it to save to the sdcard?  It is set for that but it is going to Internal Storage.  Is there another place to set the storage other than App Settings - Clip Saving Drive and App Settings - Clip Saving Folder?