1. All phones have a Primary SD card, some phones name it internal SD card, some phones name it Internal Storage.
2. Some phones have a added SD card, or named as external SD card, or removable SD card, or secondary SD card.

If you have a removable SD card and you want to save recordings in it, please
- set the "App Settings - Clip Saving Drive" option to Secondary SD Card General.
- click the "App Settings - Clip Saving Folder" option to choose a folder in the removable SD card.

Hello.
How to configure Boldbeast on Samsung Galaxy S7 to start recording only after telephone call is answered?
Thanks.

JMNeri wrote:

How to configure Boldbeast on Samsung Galaxy S7 to start recording only after telephone call is answered?

For incoming calls
-----------------------
When you answer the call Android will notify the recorder, so the recorder knows "the call is answered". Please set following settings in the recorder so that it starts recording after the call is answered:

Call Settings -> Incoming Calls -> Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
Call Settings -> Incoming Calls -> Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 100
Call Settings -> Incoming Calls -> Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

For outgoing calls
-----------------------
When the callee answers the call Android will NOT notify the recorder, so the recorder doesn't know if the call is answered, so it can't "start recording after the call is answered", instead it starts recording arbitrarily 3 seconds after dialing by default. You can tune the seconds delayed by changing the "Call Settings -> Outgoing Calls -> Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds)" option.

However if you root your phone the recorder can detect if the call is answered. After root the phone please set following settings in the recorder so that it starts recording after the call is answered:

Call Settings -> Outgoing Calls -> Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
Call Settings -> Outgoing Calls -> Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 100
Call Settings -> Outgoing Calls -> Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

Hi,

I am new to all things Apps but learning fast.  I have an urgent requirement to record a WhatsApp call.  I have read all through the posts in this group.  I note on a number of occasions Boldbeast has stated

"Voip calls such as Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts etc cannot be recorded, no matter what Android phone you are using, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. This is limited by Android. Only normal calls can be recorded."

Can you update further.
1)   Is this still the case?
2)   How about the Apps that are specifically titled 'Record WhatsApp Messages', are the developers really that totally misguided?
3)   I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) Exynos.  I have seen articles on how to 'root' my phone.  Will this enable me to record WhatsApp calls?
4)   Boldbeast has a 'root' option that does not operate unless you root your phone.  Will this enable me to record WhatsApp messages with your Application?
5)    Are you aware of any changes/developments in the App space that will change the current status quo?

Thank in advance for your feedback and advice
John

1)   Is this still the case?
=> Android 7.1 and older versions, it's still the case.
=> Android 8.0 and newer versions, there are new APIs, we'll investigate it further more.

2)   How about the Apps that are specifically titled 'Record WhatsApp Messages', are the developers really that totally misguided?
=> Android 7.1 and older versions, all popular phones in the market don't work. A few phones made by small manufacturers may work because they changed the ROM relatively.
=> Android 8.0 and newer versions, there are new APIs, we'll investigate it further more.

3)   I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) Exynos.  I have seen articles on how to 'root' my phone.  Will this enable me to record WhatsApp calls?
=> Android 7.1 and older versions, no, you have no solution in the market even root the phone.

4)   Boldbeast has a 'root' option that does not operate unless you root your phone.  Will this enable me to record WhatsApp messages with your Application?
=> Android 7.1 and older versions, no, you have no solution in the market even root the phone.

5)    Are you aware of any changes/developments in the App space that will change the current status quo?
=> We are considering it, but so far we have no conclusion.

Dear Boldbeast,

Thank you for your prompt response and replies.  I look forward to hearing any further updates you may get when they arrive.  Bit sad for me and my requirement!

Kind Regards
John Davies

Hi. What are the best settings for S7 edge exinos with new Android Oreo ?

Francesco wrote:

Hi. What are the best settings for S7 edge exinos with new Android Oreo ?

Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder - that's suggested settings.

Any update with VoIP calls on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 8.0 & newer?

Voip calls can't be recorded.
At this moment even if you root the phone there is still no solution in the whole market.

61 (edited by rhok4me 2018-07-13 05:53:23)

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, cell service is poor at my apartment & all of my calls at home are on wifi.

Verizon has "network extenders" that utilize home internet connections to boost the signal. Would calling with that still be treated like a VoIP & recordable?

Wifi calls can't be recorded either, no matter what recorder you are using. This is limited by the ROM.

Hi guys.

Got a Samsung S7 with Android 8.0.

I have been trying to get call recordings to work with a decent codec, but nothing works. The only thing that works is recording in MP3 (haven't tried WAV but that's obviously not a format I'd want to use.) If I pick MP4/AAC or AMR, all I hear is myself, it does not record the person at the other end. I have tried both Audio Encoders (with MP4,) Record Modes 1 & 5, Tune Samsung 1 and 2, and possibly (can't remember) other Routes (currently it's set to Group3). Nothing works. It's strange that AAC does not work - it's not asking which encoder to use so possibly this is encoded by your App, same as MP3, and yet, all I hear is myself. I've only been trying outgoing calls.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thank you.

Please use the MP3 or WAV format to record calls, recorded calls are crystal clear in both sides.
Other formats like 3GP, AMR, MP4, AAC need to use the encoders that are inside the ROM, they don't record calls in both sides.

Actually the MP3 format is pretty good. If you need the file size to be smaller please change the "File Sampling Rate" option to a smaller number. The AMR format uses 8000 HZ to record calls so the file size is very small. If you change "File Sampling Rate" to 8000 HZ the MP3 file is very small also.

Sure, MP3's not bad, but AAC is better, same quality smaller size or better quality same file size. I'm confused however - can you not simply buffer the audio, open an encoding stream with the encoder and pass it the buffers as they fill and let it encode? I understand you can't encode yourself because of licensing, but it's kinda disappointing that you cannot call on the ROM to encode whatever audio data you want. You could at least put a little "*" next to the encoders that don't work, so users know it's pointless to select them - what good is a recorded call where you can only hear yourself?

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll consider them.