Struggling here. Updated to Moto Android 7.0, rooted and still getting the advice to switch recording mode (to 1, 5 or 4).
Sometimes it records well, but never when connected by bluetooth carkit.
Any suggestions?

Details:
1. XT1642, Android 7.0, NPJ25.93-14
2. Kernel: 3.10.84-ElementalX-G4-1.04
Boldbeast settings
3. Record mode: tested 1, 5, or 4
4. Tune Audio Effect: No
5. Tune Audio Route: Group3
6. Change Audio Controls: Yes
7. Change Audio Driver: No
8. Start Input Stream: tested Yes and No on Record mode 1

Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

I have been using Boldbeast without any problems on my Moto G 1st Generation but, after transferring my apps etc to my new Moto  4th generation with android 7.0 it is recording the calls, but when I click to listen to them on my phone the bar at the bottom of the screen moves along but there is no sound.  Can you help please.

Please root your phone, then you can record calls crystal clear in two sides at once.

Hi
I did root my phone finally albeit half heartedly. I use the demo app to manually record calls. I have seen that the following settings worked well
Record Mode: Mode1
Tune Audio Route: Group3
Change Audio Controls: Enabled
Start Input Stream: Disabled(unchecked)
In Android settings the battery optimization was disabled.

But today I recorded a call which was recorded with no audio on both the sides of conversation. I have checked the root access to the app, its still has access. I have read in your forum that moto g5 can work without root but why moto g4 plus has hard time in spite of root access?

Moto G4 works well with root.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Thanks admin I have mailed the log file along with the description of issue. Unfortunately I have found another issue. If I press record button in the app to record non-call conversation it says "press again to start recording" and I have to press 2-3 times to get the button in record mode. The same thing happens when I want to stop, I get the message "press again to stop recording"

I checked your log files, and here is the answer:

1.Calls were getting recorded well on both side but lately a incoming call was not recorded.
=> Please see the [002] part for the reasons and the solutions in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

2.When I try to record (not call conversation), the record button doesn't work immediately. It says "press again to start recording". So I have to press 2-3 times.
=> Please change the "Memo Settings > Record Button > Button In App Press" option in the app from Press Twice to Press Once if you want.

Hello Admin
I finally found why some calls were not recorded. I use dual SIMs in phone. One SIM is purely used to make calls using data connection with help of VOLTE. So the calls with this SIM had issue, whereas the calls made normally with the other SIM is recording calls. Any help with calls using data connection.

Voip calls such as Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts, IMO, Facebook Messenger etc cannot be recorded, This is limited by Android. Only normal calls can be recorded.

Some phones treat VOLTE as a normal call so it can be recorded, some phones treat it as a voip call so it can't be recorded - it totally depends on the ROM.

Thanks for your time and patience.

I have noticed that if I make whatsapp call I do not get the record button drawn over the app. So I cannot record the call. But when I make a call over VOLTE I get the record option and the recording stops when I cut the call. In the recording I can hear faint voice on the other side probably picked from mic (without the loud speaker enabled).

Calls made by Whatsapp are VOIP calls, at this moment there is no solution in the market that can record VOIP calls.

From your description VOLTE calls can be recorded in Moto G4.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? let us have a look at them. Thanks.

I do not how I am able to record calls with clear audio on both sides, both on regular and VOLTE calls.
I hope my posts to this topic helps users and the app developers. When I tried recording calls after I rooted my phone for the first time I was in fact successful in recording calls with clear audio on both regular calls as well as on VOLTE. Then one day I restarted my phone I was not able to record calls with voice made with VOLTE, although I had given the app root access. This made me wrongly believe that I cannot record calls on VOLTE all the while. So I tried to disable battery management by Android, Google voice search to no avail. I restarted my device, granted root access. Still no use. Tried several in app settings. No use. But since yesterday I am able to record calls consistently calls on VOLTE for several calls.
Still I will send my log files so it can help developers.

Glad to know both normal calls and VOLTE calls can be recorded, and recorded calls are loud and clear in two sides.
I checked your log files, just use default settings in the app, then it works at once.

Thanks for sharing this information, it's surely useful to other Moto G4 users.

Somebody who has Moto G4 Plus and rooted please guide me how to root Moto G4 Plus?