1

I have just checked the Moto G4 (Moto G 4th) Android 6.0.1 ROM from USA, Motorola disabled the call recording feature by a very strict way, even if Boldbeast Recorder can't bypass the limit without root. If you don't root the phone you can only record noise or recordings are silent.

Boldbeast Recorder is far more powerful than all other recorders in the market about "fix recording problems without root", now that Boldbeast Recorder doesn't work all recorders surely don't work either. You can test other popular recorders in the market and confirm what I said.

Rooting your phone is the only way to go.
After root the phone Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem, please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: test Yes and No



Updated 2016-05-30
================
Unlike "Moto G4 Android 6.0 in USA", it seems the call recording feature of "Moto G4 Android 6.0 in some countries" is not disabled by Motorola. In this case please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3



Updated 2017-01-02
================
I have just checked the Moto G4 Android 7.0 ROM, Motorola still disabled the call recording feature, you should root the phone to fix the recording problem.

2

Moto G6: Moto G6 call recorder
Moto G5S: Moto G5S call recorder
Moto G5: Moto G5 call recorder
Moto G4 Play: Moto G4 Play call recorder
Moto G4: Moto G 4th call recorder
Moto G3 Turbo Edition XT1556/7: Moto G Turbo Edition Call Recorder
Moto G3: Moto G 3rd Call Recorder
Moto G2, G1: Moto G call recorder
Moto Z2 Force: Moto Z2 Call Recorder
Moto Z Force / Moto Z Play: Moto Z Call Recorder
Moto X4: Moto X4 Call Recorder
Moto X Play XT1562: Moto X Play Call Recorder
Moto X Style XT1570/2/5: Moto X Style Call Recorder
Moto X Force XT1580/1: Moto X Force Call Recorder
Moto E4: Moto E4 Call Recorder
Moto E3: Moto E3 Call Recorder
Moto M: Moto M Call Recorder

3 (edited by aslamdriver 2016-05-26 15:57:58)

I just surfing xda and saw that someone confirm that ACR is work perfect on moto G4 plus and other said jit call recorder also work. You should check again.

4

I'm sure "Moto G4 in USA" need root, I don't believe any recorder works well without root.
It seems in some countries Motorola didn't disable the call recording feature of Moto G4. In this case any recorder in the market works well without root.

You are welcome to share more information.

5

I am getting extremelyvlow voice of the caller after trying every possible setting in boldbeast recorder.

6

manavpiscean wrote:

I am getting extremelyvlow voice of the caller after trying every possible setting in boldbeast recorder.

Rooting your phone is the only way to go.

7

I tried all suggested setting to app in my phone but recording is not possible, but same setting in my Moto G3 India is working.

8

sushant_gnit wrote:

I tried all suggested setting to app in my phone but recording is not possible.

You said "recording is not possible", that means no recording was saved. The only reason is, there is another recorder working in your phone. Please uninstall all other recorders and test again.

9 (edited by gaurav11cse1013 2016-06-30 11:36:54)

I am from India. Can any settings work in moto g4 plus without root ?

10

gaurav11cse1013 wrote:

I am from India. Can any settings work in moto g4 plus without root ?

Have you tested the settings in the bottom of post #1? Uninstall all other recorders at first.

11 (edited by sureshrcse 2016-08-10 08:13:48)

I tried all the app setting in Post #1 in moto g 4 plus in india, The voice from other side is very silent , I'm not even hearing a single noice. I did not have any other recording app installed.

12

sureshrcse wrote:

I tried all the app setting in Post #1 in moto g 4 plus in india, The voice from other side is very silent , I'm not even hearing a single noice. I did not have any other recording app installed.

So no solution in the market works for your phone.
You should root the phone, then this app can fix the problem.

13 (edited by jain.nitesh 2016-08-18 07:09:39)

Hi Boldbeast Team,

I am from Bangalore, India and new to this forum. Sorry, if I am posting something, which is already there. :)

Can you please help me in recording the calls from both sides in my new Moto G4 Plus (Android OS, v6.0.1). I am ready to pay for Pro / Full version, if it helps. I tried many other apps along with your free app version, but no luck so far. All the apps recording only my voice, not the other party voice. I don't want to root my phone.

Any help would be highly appreciated.  Many thanks.

14

jain.nitesh wrote:

Hi Boldbeast Team,

I am from Bangalore, India and new to this forum. Sorry, if I am posting something, which is already there. :)

Can you please help me in recording the calls from both sides in my new Moto G4 Plus (Android OS, v6.0.1). I am ready to pay for Pro / Full version, if it helps. I tried many other apps along with your free app version, but no luck so far. All the apps recording only my voice, not the other party voice. I don't want to root my phone.

Any help would be highly appreciated.  Many thanks.

Root is the only way to go.

15

boldbeast wrote:

I have just checked the Moto G4 (Moto G 4th) Android 6.0.1 ROM from USA, Motorola disabled the call recording feature by a very strict way, even if Boldbeast Recorder can't bypass the limit without root. If you don't root the phone you can only record your voice, the caller's voice is very weak and noisy.

Applies to Canada as well.

16

I`m not good at software but I have this doubt, cant the missing files in the moto g4 be supplemented with a software patch or some thing. Or can we disable the built in phone app and use some other app to get this recording feature.

17

freaxme wrote:

I`m not good at software but I have this doubt, cant the missing files in the moto g4 be supplemented with a software patch or some thing. Or can we disable the built in phone app and use some other app to get this recording feature.

No, you can't without root.
Yes, you can if you root the phone.

18

Sometimes the root's app is updated and it forget their configurations. My Boldbeats suddenly was broken, then I had open the configurations and saw that in "Fix recording issues" that the option "enable rooted options" was unchecked.

19

The app doesn't change the "enable rooted options" option itself, it is changed only if you click it.

If you used the "backup / restore" feature in your phone or in some apps, it's possible you backed up an old configuration file of Boldbeast and restored it later overwriting the new one, as a result you saw some options return to their old states.

20

My phone was updated to Nougat and now the Boldbeast don't recording  =(

21

So your phone needs root.

22

But, if the Android has been updated for OTA, do not have root for this model and version of Android yet

23

Some manufacturers disabled the call recording feature, they don't allow you to record calls. You want to record calls. Boldbeast Recorder records calls perfectly for most phones even if the call recording feature is disabled. However there are several phones that have very strict limits in the ROM, all recorders in the market don't work well, in this case you should root the phone then Boldbeast can fix the problem. If your phone "has no way to root", I'm afraid you have to wait other developers who are dedicated to root phones to find the solution to root the phone at first.

24

Finally, I take rooted this model phone and the Boldbeats returned to work very well. In my phone, the option "Start Input Stream" "no checked" work better.

25

thiagus.r wrote:

Finally, I take rooted this model phone and the Boldbeats returned to work very well. In my phone, the option "Start Input Stream" "no checked" work better.

Glad to know it.