Moto G5S doesn't need root, Boldbeast Recorder records calls loudly and clearly in two sides.

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

Both Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus work very well.

NOTE
========
Some users met this problem - "at first it records the call crystal clear in two directions, but after some time the caller's voice becomes very weak in the recording, or my voice becomes very weak in the recording". What made the problem? There are 3 possible causes.

Possible cause 1
During recording another app wrongly changed the audio route that made the problem. To fix the problem please:
- Remove all other recorders in your phone.
- Disable OK Google, see the [001] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable it.
- Disable other apps in your phone that may change audio route during a call.

Possible cause 2
You enabled the "HD Voice" feature. If your phone is working in the HD Voice mode but the caller's phone or his wireless signal doesn't support HD Voice at the moment, this problem appears. So please disable HD Voice to fix the problem.

Possible cause 3
The ROM has bugs inside. A user sent a recording to me, the first 2 minutes recorded very good, the middle 4 minutes had no sound or only the caller's voice was recorded, the last 1 minute recorded very good again. It seems the ROM wrongly changed the audio route when processing "Echo Cancel", "Noise Suppress", "Automatic Gain Control" or something similar. In this case you have no good solution, no matter what recorder in the market you are using the problem will always be there. You have to wait Motorola to fix it in future ROM updates.

However some users didn't meet this problem. Most possibly the ROMs have some differences inside from country to country, from area to area.

UPDATE 1
========
If your phone has the problem said above and you have rooted the phone, please

1. Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder.

2. Install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in Boldbeast Recorder, it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

3. Use these settings in Boldbeast Recorder to record calls:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- Alsa Device: Alsa Device0
- Alsa Bits: 16Bit
- Alsa Channels: 2 Channels
- Alsa Sampling Rate: 48000
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: Yes

This will fix the problem completely.

UPDATE 2
========
Now some Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play users met the same problem as Moto G5S. Here are some facts:

1. Moto G5S uses the Qualcomm MSM8937 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
2. Moto G6 Plus uses the Qualcomm SDM630 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
3. Moto G6 Play uses the Qualcomm MSM8920 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
4. In some countries Moto G5S has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.
5. In some countries Moto G6 Plus has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.
6. In some countries Moto G6 Play has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.

It seems this is not a bug in the ROM, instead it is intentionally made by Motorola as a measure to disable the call recording feature in some market areas. If you met the problem you should root the phone to fix it as described in UPDATE 1 above, otherwise all recorders don't work well undoubtedly.

UPDATE 3
========
Some Moto E5, Moto E4 users met the same problem as Moto G5S also. In this case root is needed to fix the problem.

Moto G7: Moto G7 call recorder
Moto G6: Moto G6 call recorder
Moto G5S: Moto G5S call recorder
Moto G5: Moto G5 call recorder
Moto G4 Play: Moto G4 Play call recorder
Moto G4: Moto G 4th call recorder
Moto Z2 Force: Moto Z2 Call Recorder
Moto Z Force / Moto Z Play: Moto Z Call Recorder
Moto X4: Moto X4 Call Recorder
Moto E4: Moto E4 Call Recorder
Moto E3: Moto E3 Call Recorder

3 (edited by vinod.poojary 2017-11-15 13:54:11)

BoldBeast Admin,

I have Moto G5 S Plus and i use Bluetooth headset to make and recieve calls. Is your app can still record calls both ways using bluetooth? Please confirm. Also is it compatible with Moto G5 S PLUS?

So far we have no feedbacks from users about bluetooth.
You are welcome to test it and tell us your result.

Any feedback if a root is needed on Moto G5 S Plus?

Still no feedbacks.
So don't know if bluetooth works or not. If not, after root the phone Boldbeast Recorder can fix it.

Hiii....recording voice nahi aa rahe ...or na hi clear aa rahi

As per guide line done all setting still same issue

9 (edited by nitinnmishra0512 2018-03-23 02:43:33)

As per guidelines I had change all settings but same problem is still remaining.

10 (edited by tasleem.t786 2018-06-03 08:31:26)

I have tried everything you mentioned but Call recording is genuine problem in MOTO G5S plus ...Work on it if you can ...Call recording works fine for initial 30 sec then after  callers voice doesn't get recorded

Any news with the android oreo update.

Android Oreo has not been released yet for Moto G5S at this moment.

boldbeast wrote:

Android Oreo has not been released yet for Moto G5S at this moment.

It's out, waiting for confirmation before updating.

According to reports from users, in some countries Moto G5S / Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 still suffer the same problem. In this case root is needed to fix it.

boldbeast wrote:

According to reports from users, in some countries Moto G5S / Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 still suffer the same problem. In this case root is needed to fix it.

So, I can expect the same level of functionality?

In which country does it have the problem? In which country does it not have the problem?
Unfortunately I don't know. Users usually don't tell me which country he is in.

On Android 7.1.1 my phone doesn't have the problem, on Android 8.1 is it possible to have the problem?
Unfortunately I don't know either. To disable the call recording feature in which market area is solely decided by Motorola itself.

I am Using Moto 5S plus and I am from India. My android version is 8.1. Call recordings are working fine for first 60 sec. only.