Moto G5S doesn't need root, Boldbeast Recorder records calls loudly and clearly in two sides.
Please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
Both Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus work very well.
Some users met this problem - "at first it records the call crystal clear in two directions, but after some time the caller's voice becomes very weak in the recording, or my voice becomes very weak in the recording". What made the problem? There are 3 possible causes.
Possible cause 1
During recording another app wrongly changed the audio route that made the problem. To fix the problem please:
- Remove all other recorders in your phone.
- Disable OK Google, see the  part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable it.
- Disable other apps in your phone that may change audio route during a call.
Possible cause 2
You enabled the "HD Voice" feature. If your phone is working in the HD Voice mode but the caller's phone or his wireless signal doesn't support HD Voice at the moment, this problem appears. So please disable HD Voice to fix the problem.
Possible cause 3
The ROM has bugs inside. A user sent a recording to me, the first 2 minutes recorded very good, the middle 4 minutes had no sound or only the caller's voice was recorded, the last 1 minute recorded very good again. It seems the ROM wrongly changed the audio route when processing "Echo Cancel", "Noise Suppress", "Automatic Gain Control" or something similar. In this case you have no good solution, no matter what recorder in the market you are using the problem will always be there. You have to wait Motorola to fix it in future ROM updates.
However some users didn't meet this problem. Most possibly the ROMs have some differences inside from country to country, from area to area.
If your phone has the problem said above and you have rooted the phone, in Boldbeast Recorder please use following settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Driver: No
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: No
Then it will fix the problem.
Now some Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play users met the same problem as Moto G5S. Here are some facts:
1. Moto G5S uses the Qualcomm MSM8937 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
2. Moto G6 Plus uses the Qualcomm SDM630 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
3. Moto G6 Play uses the Qualcomm MSM8920 chipset, all other phones that use the same chipset don't have the problem.
4. In some countries Moto G5S has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.
5. In some countries Moto G6 Plus has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.
6. In some countries Moto G6 Play has the problem, in some countries it doesn't have.
It seems this is not a bug in the ROM, instead it is intentionally made by Motorola as a measure to disable the call recording feature in some market areas. If you met the problem you should root the phone to fix it, otherwise all recorders don't work well undoubtedly.
Some Moto E5, Moto E4 users met the same problem as Moto G5S also. In this case root is needed to fix the problem.