No root needed, Boldbeast Recorder records calls perfectly in two directions on Sony Xperia XZ F8332.
Please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
Suggested settings above record calls crystal clear.
We found the Sony Xperia XZ F8332 Android 7.1.1 ROM has a small bug inside - after a call is hung up sometimes the ROM doesn't tell the recorder, so the recorder doesn't know the call is ended. As a result:
- A ordinary call recorder in the market will continue recording without stopping, it will save a huge garbage file in your phone.
- Boldbeast Recorder can successfully detect the "call is ended" state by other ways so it can bypass the bug, it works great even with the bug in your ROM.
Xperia XZ Premium G8142 Android 7.1.1 has a bug in the ROM - when you automatically record a call sometimes the sound is very weak on both sides.
Please set following settings in the app to bypass the bug:
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Answered State Delay (Seconds): 100
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: No
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Answered State Delay (Seconds): 3
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: No
The ROM has another bug inside - without bluetooth connected it works great, however with bluetooth connected it can record only your voice or only the voice of the other side. Please see the  part for the solution in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html