I've been using this recorder for years on multiple phones and never did it cross my mind that the application could be spying. As of today I am a little concerned as my phone has alerted me that the application had been using my microphone for 18 minutes without my knowledge. I haven't used my phone to make a call all day and the last time I used the memo feature was in 2017.

Whatever is was doing it didn't leave any media files behind (that I can find anyway).

I have a screen shot of the alert, but i'm not able to submit this post with the link included.

So my questions are...
- Has this happened to anyone else?
- What was it doing?
- Can it be disabled?
- Should I be concerned?

I'm not here to cause any trouble, i'd simply like some answers.

Boldbeast Recorder doesn't do any spying. Why? Because 3 reasons:

1. It's meaningless to do so.
2. Google Play will ban our app if we do so.
3. Canada government will imprison us if we do so, because this is a crime in Canada.

The app is clear and clean, please check again.

I don't want to make a big stink about this and I Thank you for your attention.

I'm using a Galaxy S8 with "Application Permission Monitor" turned on which alerts me when an application is doing something in the background processes.

Does the recorder randomly check your microphone to make sure it still has the permission to access it? Or is there be another reason?

As i stated before, i hadn't used my phone to make a call all of yesterday, nor had I opened BB for any other reason.

Every time when the screen is on Android will tell Boldbeast Recorder, the app then checks if there are recordings needed to upload to your cloud drive, if yes it starts uploading, if no it returns.

Every time when the screen is off Android will tell Boldbeast Recorder, the app then stops uploading recordings, this way it avoid to keep a wakelock to upload files, so it's very green and smart, it uses battery in the most efficient way.

So even if you didn't make a call, you didn't make a recording, you didn't set the app uploading your recordings, when the screen is on/off the app still gets a chance to run - it checks your settings and returns at once without further operations, but it runs.

I guess the "Application Permission Monitor" app in your phone thinks "Boldbeast Recorder is using the microphone", actually it doesn't, it just runs to do other things.

I'll take your word for it. Thanks, i appreciate the explanation.