Hi,

I'm choosing a new smartphone and would like to ask for any suggestion regarding to recording calls. All brand new phones are on Android 8.1 and will get an update to 9.0. I wish not to lose call recording.

What is your experience with manufacturers?

I'm thinking of leaving Huawei smartphones (I have Honor 8 now) and choose another manufacturer, like Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s, Nokia 7+, Xiaomi Mi 8, HTC U11, LG V30S, Sony ZX2, Nokia 8. Are any of this models/brands better than Huawei regarding to recording calls (even easier to root, if needed), or it doesn't really matter? And how about Samsung smartphones?

From users' feedback, at this moment all Android 8.1 phones in the market record calls pretty well, except some Motorola phones.

No user complained about the phones you mentioned.

How about Android 9.0?
Google officially blocked the call recording feature in Android 9.0. But some manufacturers undoubtedly will enable the feature in some phones, or in some market areas, just like before. This is decided solely by the manufacturers themselves. If the call recording feature is not enabled in a phone all recorders will not work well, in this case you should root the phone, then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly.