I have a Pixel 3a XL with Android Q rooted using Magisk beta build. Have installed the call recording fix module too. Recorded calls are coming as complete silence. Tried Also mode too and same issue.

Are you using a third-party ROM?

Please:
- Open Boldbeast Recorder, tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: Yes

Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

@boldbeast Just wondering why you're saying the opposite here of what you said in my topic here https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic18 … audio.html :)

The 3a XL is the baby brother to my 3XL :)

@pathrikumark if you don't want to use the module way, try simply enabling rooted options, and swap to "alsa mode (root)". Worked for me.

4 (edited by pathrikumark 2019-09-27 13:46:49)

boldbeast wrote:

Are you using a third-party ROM?

Please:
- Open Boldbeast Recorder, tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: Yes

Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

I have the stock rom. Did try the above steps and still complete silence.:-(

5 (edited by Ch3vr0n 2019-09-27 16:02:12)

pathrikumark wrote:

If the module doesn't work for you, try what worked for me. You're using the little brother of my phone.

- Uninstall the magisk module, don't just deactivate it.
- Set everything to default
- Now go to call settings > fix recording issues > enable ROOTED options
- Set recording mode from Mode 1 to Alsa mode (Root)
- If wanted, change the output format from AMR (it defaults too), to MP3.

Don't change anything else.

Worked perfectly fine for me using magisk canary and sept C3 build. Perfect audio

Ch3vr0n wrote:
pathrikumark wrote:

If the module doesn't work for you, try what worked for me. You're using the little brother of my phone.

- Uninstall the magisk module, don't just deactivate it.
- Set everything to default
- Now go to call settings > fix recording issues > enable ROOTED options
- Set recording mode from Mode 1 to Alsa mode (Root)
- If wanted, change the output format from AMR (it defaults too), to MP3.

Don't change anything else.

Worked perfectly fine for me using magisk canary and sept C3 build. Perfect audio

Tried your instructions except setting everything to default. I am getting a notification to select another Alsa device and recording is not even happening. Under Alsa devices, I have selected Auto.

The reason for not setting everything to default is that I have enabled automatic backup to Gdrive. I am just not sure if setting to default would cause any issues with it

You didn't try my instructions.

- You didnt reset to default
- Did my instructions tell you to set alsa mode to "auto"?
- I've got automatic backup enabled too. Setting to default didn't change it, and even if it did, it's 2 minutes to reactivate sync. Has zero effect on making the recording. The sync only comes into play AFTER the recording has been made (and is finished)

Now try again, and follow what i said this time.

pathrikumark wrote:

I am getting a notification to select another Alsa device and recording is not even happening.

Please disable OK Google, then it works at once with the settings provided by Ch3vr0n.
Why and how to disable OK Google? Please see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

9 (edited by Ch3vr0n 2019-09-29 09:29:49)

Actually that shouldn't be needed either. Mine isn't, it's even set up to activate from a sleeping device and lock screen. Still works. If or was required, I'd have said so :-)

Ch3vr0n wrote:

Actually that shouldn't be needed epithet. Mine isn't, it's even set up to activate from a sleeping device and lock screen. Still works. If or was required, I'd have said so :-)

Got it to work :-D Completely uninstalled the app, restarted twice and then installed it again. Set the settings as you told and now it's working fine. Thanks a lot both of you :-)

So the call recorder is working fine now. But observed two issues.

1. Sometimes calls are getting recorded with a continous beep sound and audio is slowed down.
2. Once a call gets recorded, the audio volume in a video recording gets too low. Once I restart the device, it gets fixed, till a call gets recorded. I can confirm that the issue occurs only when I enable 'change audio controls'. Unfortunately if I disable it, call recording does not work ????

Any solutions or troubleshooting steps?

You said "calls are getting recorded with a continuous beep sound", it seems something else in your phone changed audio settings during the call, and that made the problem.

Did anyone else meet the same problem?

boldbeast wrote:

You said "calls are getting recorded with a continuous beep sound", it seems something else in your phone changed audio settings during the call, and that made the problem.

Did anyone else meet the same problem?

That is fine I guess. I am yet to troubleshoot, like, if its occurring with headphones, bluetooth headphones, speaker etc..

My real concern is the other one regarding audio volume in video recordings :( Any suggestions to debug? Do u need any log or anything?

Yes, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me.

boldbeast wrote:

Yes, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me.

Have mailed it to you now. Kindly check and let me know

boldbeast wrote:

With the latest version 12.9 and with the following settings it is working now :)

- Enabled root and installed Magisk Module
- Record Mode is set in 12
- Accessibility is turned on
- Record Format is set to 'AMR'
- Under 'Fix Recording issues' NO checkbox is turned on. Particularly 'Change Audio Controls' is UNCHECKED.
- Tune Audio Route is set 'Group 1'
- Disable 'OK Google'. If enabled the call recording is very feeble.

Now the calls are getting recorded and Video is also getting recorded with proper Audio volume. Hoping that the call recording is from Voice line and not from MIC. Is there any way to verify that?

Thanks for sharing the settings, and glad to know it works.
Obviously the caller's voice is recorded from the line, otherwise it's very weak in recordings.